Monday, 8 August 2016

Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Eyeshadow Palette & Makeup Look

Hi everyone!

I have recently been spoiled by Urban Decay as I was kindly sent several of their products to review, swatch and create makeup looks with. The first set of products being the Alice Through The Looking Glass collection - which first of all, let me say, the packaging looks so creative and stunning!

Disney had asked Urban Decay to collaborate with them upon the release of Alice Through The Looking Glass (which was released towards the end of May this year) - and they came out with a stunning, pop-up style eyeshadow palette filled with super beautiful colours. Not only that, but there are also new lipsticks along with this collection!



Look at this packaging! This super creative pop-up butterfly packing is honestly so cool, and I love the vibrant colours.


The eyeshadow palette consists of 20 beautiful, super pigmented eyeshadows that are a mix of matte and shimmer - with some having more glittery specks in them than others. The variety of shades in this palette mean you can create your everyday, casual makeup that is suitable for work; or a smouldering smoked out smokey eye.

The really cool thing about this palette is that even column of this palette is an individual makeup look based on characters in the movie. 
Column 1 - Alice: Looking Glass, Reflection, Dormouse, Metamorphosis
Column 2 - Mad Hatter: Hatter, Gone Mad, Paradox, Cake
Column 3 - Mirana: Lily, Duchess, Kingdom, Chessboard
Column 4 - Iracebeth: Heads Will Roll, Bandersnatch, Salazen Grum, Royal Flush
Column 5 - Time: Time, Dream On, Chronosphere, Mirror. 

So you can create different makeup looks based on these columns, or obviously you can switch up the shades and create whichever look you want! 

I decided to tackle the darkest look of this palette which is the Time column; filled with four smokey shadows. Time is a matte deep navy, Dream On is a glittery light blue grey shade, Chronosphere is a shimmery cool toned brown bronze shade, and finally, Mirror is a gun metal grey shade.



For this look, I used Mirror as the base colour (or transition shade) - as it's a soft grey, I thought it'd be easier to lay this down first before using more of the bold colours.
I then went in with Time on the inner and outer corner to create a 'spotlight eye' look. Despite Time being quite a bold dark shade, it was super easy to blend it into Mirror.
Taking Dream On on a flat brush, I packed this onto the inner area of my eye to really make this look 'pop'.
Finally, I brushed Chromosphere along my lower lash line for a bit of extra smokiness and definition to my eye.



I paired this look with the Time lipstick which I will be moving on to now...


Moving on to the lipsticks from this range, there is a lipstick to compliment each look.

Alice - A sheer nude peachy shade with a pink shift
Mad Hatter - A bold shimmery purple shade
Mirana - A shimmery deep berry shade
Iracebeth - A classic matte red shade
Time - A matte navy shade with silver shimmer


As you can see, these lipstick shades are so pigmented and nice to others I have seen! The Alice shade is more of a sheer nude shade so it doesn't show up as well as the others - but honestly it has a lovely pink hue to it that is so stunning. 
I love my bold and unique lipstick colours so this collaboration was definitely up my street!


I do like to experiment with different looks and create art - and one thing I've been doing a lot recently is eye makeup looks on my arm. So on the left, I have the Mad Hatter column of eyeshadows - On the right, I have the Mirana column of eyeshadows.

I really do love this palette and I'm so thankful for the team at Urban Decay for kindly sending me the collection to review and create looks with!


I hope you all enjoyed reading my review of the Urban Decay Alice Through The Looking Glass Palette :) Thanks for stopping by!
xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Amazing shades of palette. Love your makeup look. You look stunning.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig