Sunday, 10 January 2016

NYE MAKEUP: Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani


Hello everyone!
I wanted to quickly share with you all my New Years Eve makeup, as I posted a Get Ready With Me video on YouTube and a lot of people really liked the colour combination. I honestly didn't plan the eyes and lips to match my top, but it all worked out that way.

I used my fabulous new Christmas purchase - the Urban Decay X Gwen Stefani Eyeshadow palette. Previously, I've opted for dupes of the Naked palettes, but there wasn't a palette where I thought: "WOW, I want that!" until I saw this one; the colours in it are so versatile, pigmented and are perfect for those who don't really want to dabble with bright bold colours!





Look how beautiful the colours are. I love the packaging of it too, it looks and feels so luxurious!

For my makeup, I dusted Anaheim and Zone in the lid crease as a transition shade - I really build this colour up but blended it out using a windshield wiper motion. I then went in with Punk (the top right dark brown shade) and mainly focused this on the outer v, as I wanted to create more depth. After building this shadow up, I then took a fluffy brush and blended it into the two previous shades to create a soft gradient, as I didn't want it to look harsh.
I then applied Blonde and Bathwater to the inner corners, using a flat brush, to brighten the lid and also along the brow bone as a highlight.




For the lip combo, I first outlined my lips using Rimmel London's 1000 Kisses lipliner in 'Cappuccino'; which I then filled in using Gerard Cosmetics lipstick in 'Underground'. I really love this lip combo as it's a suitable nude for my skin tone, but still packs a beautiful muted taupe colour!

Here is the Get Ready With Me video for this look:


I hope you all liked this post and the video too! Please subscribe to my channel to see more videos like this, makeup reviews and chit chat videos :)

xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Beautiful! The hair and the makeup is gorgeous! Will be buying that palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing makeup look. nice palette.will buy it.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig