Friday, 8 January 2016

New Year, New Start

Wow, as if it's 2016 already?!

I originally didn't want to make a 'New Year' type post as it's already 8th January and it seems a little pointless. But considering the fact that I've not written a blog post since mid-2015 (oops!), I think it's ideal I write something before my next set of posts! 

I have a few things to update you all on:
1) During July 2015, I started my first post-graduate job as a Digital Marketing Assistant for a door manufacturer in Leeds.
2) I decided to leave that same job to focus on my blog, YouTube, social media and freelance jobs.
This has to be the biggest decision I've made in quite a while and a huge risk too! But being in a full time 9-5 job, had to be the biggest eye opener for me as I'd always imagined it to be something a bit more. 
Coming from a creative background of blogging, creating my own content and constantly setting myself goals - it's something that I really missed! And it was something that I felt myself still trying to push out while I was working those 40 hours a week. I still managed to pump out YouTube videos but not so much blog content - and I REALLY apologise! But I'm willing to change that!

So from now on, I'm dedicating my time to creating fantastic blog posts and informative YouTube videos for all you readers and viewers! This will still be a beauty and lifestyle blog - and well, everything else that I feel like I want to blog about too, alongside posting my videos here too with the details!

Now that I've got all of that out of the way, here's a small recap of the last few months! I've also bought a new camera (well my second camera of 2015) and it's blooming amazing. I'll be posting a review on it soon! So here are some photos from the past few months :)





Leeds German Market. It's one of my favourite things about Christmas! 
Although last year I went only once for about an hour, but I went three times during 2014, three times.
I tend to mainly go for the food rather than anything else - and we all went a few times for these amazing deep fried cheesy jalapeƱo peppers. They were delish! 


With the mother :) We look rather orange, thanks to the glowing salt lamps we were standing in front of!


Cinnamon & sugar coated churros with melted chocolate. Wow, just WOW!


Last year we went for the huge hot dogs (I think they were about a foot long), and this year we decided to split one because they're honestly so huge! But so damn tasty too.
The only awkward thing about getting these hot dogs is the squeezy tubes of tomato ketchup and mustard. They look like cows udders, so you feel like you're milking tomato ketchup from these plastic udders onto your hot dog... Nice!


Our beautiful snowy Christmas tree! We had an issue with the old tree that we've had for absolutely AGES. We couldn't find a piece that made up the tree stand, so we were looking in all of our Christmas tree bags, looking for this one piece. We couldn't find it, and thought we'd just buy a new tree!



The first work Christmas 'do' I've ever been to. And the first that we've been to :) It was a nice experience and we both won moneys, woo!


I spent Christmas 2015 with Ryan and his family, and it was lovely. I've never spent Christmas away from home before so I was a little bit homesick, but Ryan's family were really welcoming and so friendly; I absolutely enjoyed it! And this is their dog Charlie! He's so adorable, and wanted everyones food and kept pawing at your leg if you didn't give him attention. What a cutie!


New Years Eve with my sister and mum! :) 
This was my first New Years Eve I've spent at home in two years, and it was so much fun. We ended up making a load of food, playing some party games. My mum accidentally bought non-Alcoholic Kopparbergs which she then insisted adding some Martini to it because, in her words, non alcoholic means it's "not any fun."


Aaaaand finally, here's Nemo! This was one of the first pictures I took of her on my new camera, she was in mid-meow and was a bit annoyed that I were trying to get the 'right' photo of her. 
She's such a cutie :)

I hope you guys liked this post, and I will be scheduling plenty of blog posts for you all to read!
One of my main New Years resolutions is to resurrect this blog, as I really do miss blogging. I will continue to make YouTube videos, and will work twice as hard to post up regular content!

Happy New Year to you all! Let's make 2016 a great one!

xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig