Wednesday, 8 April 2015

An Updated Full Foundation Routine & How To Cover Acne Scarring And Dark Under Eyes


It's been a while since I've posted a full coverage foundation routine, which is currently a 'majority of the week' kinda makeup. Even though the weather has quickly become more warmer and pleasant, I've still been rocking a full coverage foundation routine - which may sound pretty gross!

But not to worry, it doesn't feel or look gross! Well I sure as hell hope it doesn't look gross… The products that I've used are quite thin in consistency and texture, so you won't get that caked up feeling.




[scroll down to see the products that I've used and how I've used them]


I know on camera it looks like my skin has really improved and cleared up (which it has and I'm happy), I do still have stubborn scarring which aren't as visible on camera!

So, on to the products that I used:

[Off camera:]

Apple Cider Vinegar - 
My all healthy, natural and organic toner has worked wonders for my skin and is the reason why my skin has improved so much. I really recommend using ACV as a toner, as it helps to regulate the Ph balance in the skin.
Embroylisse Lait Creme Concentre -
I've been digging this moisturiser for the past two/three months as it helps to restore moisture in to my skin - which can appear dull and dehydrated at times.
It's a little on the pricey side, but I definitely think it's worth it as it doesn't break me out and doesn't contain parabens!

Face base:
Maybelline FIT Me Foundation & NARS Sheer Glow - 
I've been loving using these two foundations as a combination to make my perfect match. I love the consistency of both foundations as they're quite light in texture but provide excellent coverage. They both have a skin like finish. But whilst the NARS Sheer Glow is my all time favourite foundation, the Maybelline FIT Me foundation can be a bit sloppy on oily skin types - but mixing the two together and setting with a powder, helps to keep it all in place all day.

Vasanti Liquid Concealer - V3 -
This is another light weight, skin-like finish concealer that blends in seamlessly! V3 is a salmony warm shade which helps to conceal any acne scarring that is still peaking through the foundation.
It gives excellent coverage while still remaining light in texture.

MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NW30 -
I remember purchasing the NC30 concealer during my first year of university, and while I did really like it, it didn't do much for my under eyes. It was quite yellow and shadows did peek through the layer of concealer. However, I bought NW30 earlier this year and it is definitely my most used concealer of all time - I'm not even exaggerating.
It just really helps to neutralise my dark under eyes and makes me look a lot brighter and wide eyed - and not to mention the coverage and lasting power is really ideal for someone who likes their makeup to last at least 8 hours in a day.

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer - Tan -
I dabbed a bit of this over the NW30, just to balance out the salmon colour of the concealer. It also gives great coverage too, so I guess it's like making sure my under eyes are nicely concealed.

Maybelline FIT Me Powder -
If you've been watching my YouTube videos for a while, you will know that this is the only powder that I use to set my makeup. The shade is fantastic, it keeps my makeup looking matte and is brilliant to set my under eyes. And the fact that it's very affordable is a big plus too!

Makeup Revolution Blush Stick - Matte Malibu -
A lot of people have been comparing the matte sticks to the NARS Multiple sticks that you can use for contouring - and while I don't know much about the latter, I definitely love the Makeup Revolution version.
I love using a few dabs of this to contour my face and slim down my cheeks. This too, is very affordable, blends really nicely and stays put all day. I'd say the colour can look a little orangey, but can look great if blended out well!

Coastal Scents Blush & Eyeshadow Palette -
My sister bought me this awesome palette a few weeks ago, and I have really been loving it! 
For this look, I used a neutral medium brown eyeshadow to define my crease and brushed it along my lower lash line. I then added a rusty shimmery shade to the inner two thirds of my eyelid as a pop of colour. But I blended it out to be more of a tint of colour, rather than it being too obvious.

Makeup Revolution Liquid Eyeliner -
This eyeliner is absolutely amazing. Hands down, my favourite liquid eyeliner as it stays put all day, the thin brush makes it really easy to apply and you can create very thin lines.

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara -
This mascara is definitely one of my favourites as it works wonders on my small lashes. I love the mascara wand, as the curve fits my eye perfectly and the little bristles really cling on to every lash. Even my lower lashes look like Ive got extensions on after two applications of this.

Rimmel London Lip Liner - Spice & Makeup Revolution Lipstick - Kiss 2 Make Up -
I love this combination as it's a natural daytime lipstick colour, which doesn't look too dramatic or heavy. Recently I've been loving nude coloured lipsticks or lipstick combinations, and this is a combination I've been wearing a lot!

So guys, that is an updated full coverage makeup look (along with a makeup routine I've been wearing a lot recently!)
I hope you guys liked this post, and don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more videos.

x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Like this post. Thanks for sharing.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig