Sunday, 18 January 2015

Rita Ora Inspired Makeup: Glowy Skin & Red Lips


After seeing the beautiful Rita Ora on the new series of The Voice - which I'm loving her on! - I decided to recreate her famous red lips and glowy makeup. This is her signature look and I must say, her skin always looks flawless and radiant, and that was key in this makeup look. 





ALL ABOUT THAT BASE:
As my skin isn't in the best condition with my acne scarring and under eye circles, I used the Benefit Erase Paste in Deep as a corrector. I love using this as the salmon colour literally eliminates the darkness around my eyes and any redness I have. It blends in very nicely too!
For my foundation, I used NARS Sheer Glow in Punjab, as that gives amazing coverage whilst looking very natural on the skin. Sheer Glow is my favourite luxury foundation as the colour shade matches me well, has long lasting power and best of all, it doesn't break me out.
For my under eyes, I felt like I needed a bit more coverage so I dabbed a bit of MAC Select Coverup Foundation in NC30. 
My favourite finishing powder is part of the Maybelline FIT Me range, as this helps to mattify the face whilst keeping my foundation and concealer in place.

THE EYES:
I lined and filled in my brows with Milani Brow Kit in Medium, this is my favourite go-to brow kit as it comes with a pair of mini tweezers, a mini eyebrow brush and a mini applicator sponge.
To prep my oily eyelids, I used MAC's Studio Finish concealer in NC30, as this helps eyeshadow to stay on the lids and brings out the colour.
The eye makeup for this look was very simple as I used the champagne highlight shade from the Milani brow kit on the lids. I then used Benefit's Hoola bronzer in the crease for a bit of definition. I lined my top lids with Makeup Revolution Liquid Liner before finishing off with two coats of my favourite Maybelline Fasies mascara. This is by far my favourite drugstore mascara as it really does lengthen my short lashes, and gives them volume.

THE CHEEKS AND LIPS:
For my contour, I decided to use Makeup Revolution's Blush Stick in 'Matte Malibu', as this is a cream blush, it blended in nicely on my skin. This helped to create nice definition without looking too dramatic. I then used the Hoola bronzer to soften the blush stick, and swiped it on my cheekbones and up to my temples.
To get that lovely glow that Rita Ora has, I used Benefit's Watts Up cream highlight stick as this gives an amazing glow! By far my favourite highlighter and makes the cheekbones pop!
Finally, for the lips I used the lipstick 'Screen Siren' by Topshop. I'm absolutely in love with Topshop lipsticks as they're so creamy and pigmented - I have around 4 of their lipsticks in my collection so far. Besides, you can never have too many lipsticks ;)


I did film a tutorial for this look - well a Get Ready With Me style video, which you can find below:


I hope you guys liked this makeup look, and please subscribe to my channel as I make plenty of videos! 

Thank you for reading :)

~
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Wow you look so beautiful. Love this shade.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig