Thursday, 22 January 2015

Covering Up Acne & Scarring Using Vichy Dermablend Stick Concealer


Dealing with acne for the past 10-ish years has constantly made me hunt for an excellent concealer that will cover up any redness, acne and deep scarring from stubborn spots. I've tried many concealers including some heavy duty concealers like; Benefit Boi-ing, Hard Candy Glamoflauge and Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer. Now, those are a few of my favourite concealers, however I've found that the Benefit concealer doesn't give e as much coverage as I'd like. And the other two are a little hard to get a hold of as you can only find them in America.




However, after stumbling across these samples of the Dermablend concealer (that my sister gave em some time ago!) I was intrigued to try them out and see how effective they really are.
I've always heard of the famous Dermablend concealer; and I've seen YouTubers use it to cover up acne and scarring which has always left me thinking, "Will this really work on me?" and "Is this going to break me out?". Sometimes when you see a YouTuber using a certain product, it may look really lovely on them, but will it be the same for you. That's always my issue.

So I decided to try these samples on my acne scarring and also my dark under eyes (which I can never find anything effective enough to cover them.


One thing I've heard about with the Dermablend concealers is that the shades aren't that great. Apparently, you may find a shade that might be a bit pink tone or it's yellowish - despite being a colour that does suit you. But after a few swatches and testing the concealers on my cheek, I found that the shade 'Nude' was a great match for me! It had a nice neutral base - so I had no pink nor yellow tint on my ski, which was pretty refreshing as my skin has quite a neutral undertone.


What I thought of the concealer:
Initially, I thought this concealer would be quite thick on the skin - as it's very pigmented and covers up well. So with this in mind, I decided to take a small dense brush where I spot corrected - so basically I applied it to my problem areas (acne, scarring and dotted around my under eyes).

I then took a flat top foundation brush to buff out the concealer - which blended out very smoothly and didn't lose pigment! I've found that some concealers lose their concealing power when you blend it out, so you have to apply more concealer on top to make sure it's covered. However this concealer still made me skin look flawless even though I'd blended it out.


I did have to apply a bit more on some areas which are definitely my trouble spots and do need more product to cover up. But this didn't make my skin look or feel cakey, which I liked! Sometimes my skin feels comfortable when I have too much foundation or concealer on my face and then I'd have to wash it all off. But this concealer felt very comfortable and blended in to the skin smoothly!

To top off this review, I found that it didn't affect my sensitive skin at all. I was worried that I'd get a few bumps after wearing this concealer for the time that I did (at least 7 hours), but my skin was completely fine and didn't feel irritated or itchy. Even after I removed my makeup, my face didn't look red so that is a big thumbs up for me!

I recommend this concealer to those who are looking for a reasonably priced full coverage concealer, that will cover up every blemish and scar, without looking cakey!

To see how I used this concealer, here is the video:

I hope you guys liked this review :)
Thank you for reading!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the suggestion. Great post.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig