Sunday, 25 January 2015

An Acne Update With Photos : From Severe To Clear Using Organic Skincare


As I've not written up an acne related post in a while, I thought I would finally write one up - considering one of the main focuses of my blog is skincare and acne! Plus, the other day I decided to take a photo of the right side of my face without any makeup, and I was so impressed with how my skin looked when I compared it to an photo I took around April 2014.




I decided to upload this image on Facebook along with this huge paragraph:

I've had acne for the past 10 years (but not this bad except when I was 19 and 17). So because I didn't want to have acne, I went to the doctors who prescribed me with different medicines and topical creams - which did work but my acne did come back after a week or two. I was using all kinds of treatment like; Witch Hazel, PanOxyl10% and also stuff you can buy from Boots like Clearasil or Clean & Clear.


But despite them working a bit, nothing really cleared up my skin. So early 2014, I decided to research into skincare and what actually is in my skincare. By the way, I've heard all kinds of things like, "Wearing too much makeup causes acne" or "eating too much sugar causes spots". Does it really? No, not for me anyway.

I started researching about ingredients like SLS (Sodium Lauryl Suphate) - which is a skin irritant and parabens - which is a preservative to keep products from rotting, but mimic estrogen. So in March 2014 I decided to ditch the harsh chemicals and use products that are a little more organic (and I mean actually organic like Organic Surge and Vegan soaps). 

Fast forward to today, 23rd January 2015 and this is what my skin looks like now. I still have scarring from my acne, but in terms of actual active acne, I no longer have it. Gone are the days of using harsh ingredients on my face - I just stick to water and Apple Cider vinegar as a toner 
smile emoticon
 and follow up with a bit of organic moisturiser - which is working well!

I'm still eating whatever I want, whether it's healthy or loaded with sugar - I don't see any effects on my skin. (Oh, but I don't have dairy anymore because I found that it did make my skin very oily).

So what's the point of this post?

If you're dealing with acne - or know someone else who is - try changing up your skincare. I know how easy it is to go to the doctor and ask for them to prescribe you a medicine - but it could just be something you're using in your skincare that's upsetting your skin. Not many people know what's in their skincare, but it's important we are clued up about ingredients! 
smile emoticon 


- - - - -

That was the entire post and I received a lot of amazing feedback and support from my friends, readers and subscribers who have liked my Facebook page! 

I hope this post spreads a bit of positivity and inspiration to all of you reading, as acne is something that is temporary and really shouldn't affect how you see yourself. It can be hard to be positive, but just know that there is a solution for acne!

Thank you for reading :)

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. A new reader here, so haven't read any of your previous skincare posts, but I totally agree with your stance, my skin's been in pretty bad shape for some time, it crept up on me very gradually so to me it was just normal to cover it up, not realising that I was wearing more and more make-up!
    A few people have advised me to see my doctor and take medication, but I don't want to become reliant on pills, and I have resisted because I know my skin does clear up sometimes...so there IS a non-medicated way to deal with it. Just need to figure out what and how!

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig