Friday, 12 December 2014

Benefit Bronze Of Champions Makeup Kit Swatches & Sunkissed Bronze Makeup Tutorial


I don't know what it is about Benefit that really lures me in... their packaging, the catchy product names or the fact that their products look really intriguing. I'm not sure, but I finally bit the bullet and bought one of their makeup kits.

Not just any makeup kit.

Their 'Bronze of Champions' kit!

It was on Friday night within the final hours of the Black Friday sale on lookfantastic.com, and it was one of those moments where I thought, "I know I'm going to get something, I just know it. But I don't know what…"

And it wasn't because I wanted to buy a makeup product for the sake of buying it, but more because I was torn between 'Bronze of Champions' and 'Primping With The Stars' kit which includes the well known Benetint and Porefessional Primer (both of which I am dying to try!)

However, I settled on The Bronze Of Champions Kit as it included the Watts Up Highlighter and famous Hoola bronzer. I've always seen beauty YouTubers use the Hoola bronzer and rave about it, and I thought that rather than buying the individual product, I'd buy the kit as I'd be able to try a variety of items - even if they are smaller sizes.

The Bronze of Champions kit includes:
Hoola Bronzing Powder 3.0g
Ultra Plush Lip Gloss 'Hoola' 6.5ml
Watt’s Up! Soft Focus Highlighter 2.5
Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow 'Bikini-tini Cream' 3.2g
Longwear Powder Eyeshadow 'Thanks A Latte' 1.2g
They’re Real! Beyond Mascara 3.0g
Powder brush


And here are the swatches:

Swatches in order:
1) Watts Up! Highlighter
2) Bikini-tini Cream Eyeshadow
3) 'Thanks A Latte' Eyeshadow
4) Hoola Plush Lip Gloss
5) Hoola Bronzer

If you want to know my initial thoughts on the products and a tutorial on how I used the products, check out my YouTube video:


~~

Overall, I absolutely love the Hoola Bronzer and the Watts Up Highlighter - and those are two items I will definitely be repurchasing in their full sizes! 

I found that the Watts Up highlighter sat better on my skin compared to liquid highlighters that I've used. And it created a soft dewy appearance on my face rather than making me look like my face is overly shiny. This cream highlighter blends in very well on the face, even after you've applied foundation, and adds a soft radiant shimmer to your face :)

The Hoola Bronzer I found that it was an excellent shade for me, as sometimes I find bronzers to be a bit too brown or orange, or even too shimmery. However this bronzer gave me a nice sculpted look when I used it on my cheekbones and for contouring my nose. Plus, I wasn't left with two dusty stripes down the sides of my nose, which is a huge plus! I feel that you can really add as much bronzer as you like and really build it up, and you're still able to achieve a nice finish.

After trying the Cream eyeshadow, I knew that this wasn't my kind of product as I found that it was a bit too creamy to sit properly on my eyelids - especially as my eyelids are pretty oily too. I loved the shade of it as it was a pretty champagne colour which helped to minimise any darkness or redness on my eyelids. 

I've tried the 'They're Real' mascara before when it came with issue of Elle where Miley Cyrus graced the cover. I initially loved the mascara as I felt that it lengthened my lashes, and as this is in my Top 3 Mascara's list (in my head), it's not as great as the Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara that I absolutely love! I've recently been taught a trick to getting very long lashes using the They're Real Mascara, so if I see some sort of difference I guess that may up it's ranking ;) 

The 'Thanks A Latte' eyeshadow is a gorgeous shade, and I felt that despite it being a neutral colour (for my skin tone), it did show up on my eyelids and created a nice Cara Delevigne Grungy kinda look (that's who I can describe it!). I wouldn't say that these are the best eyeshadows, as I felt the pay off and pigment could've been slightly better. However, you are still able to build up on the eyeshadow and create more intensity. 

Finally, the Hoola Lipgloss is a 50/50 with me, as I felt that the colour was literally clear for me. In the swatches, it has a golden bronze tint to it which didn't really show up on my lips. However, that being said, this lipgloss is so soft on the lips and keeps them very hydrated! Generally my issue with lip glosses is that they can be quite drying, or they're very tacky when you put your lips together. But the Hoola lipgloss has a nice consistency to it that doesn't glue your lips together, nor dry out the lips. 
I'd love to try a different lipgloss from Benefit that has more colour to it, as that would be a more ideal for me!

I hope you guys liked this review - if you've made it this far! This is a brilliant kit and I definitely do recommend trying out the kits as you're able to try a variety of products.

Thanks for reading!

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig