Friday, 10 October 2014

Zoella's Blissful Mistful Body Mist Review


After finding out that Zoella was launching a little beauty brand with her own Zoella beauty products, I was so curious to see what they would be like. I knew they'd be along the lines of cute packaged skincare products but still, I was very curious.

Then the day came.

I received an email from Superdrug with a huge announcement that Zoella products are now being sold on the website. Initially I thought I'd wait (as I'd received the email quite early), only to see that within an hour, two of the products - including the Blissful Mistful perfume - were out of stock.

Fast forward a few days and a few hours into the evening, where I was happily online shopping for a few makeup palettes. I decided to check up on the Zoella products and ta dah! Superdrugs had the body mist in stock. I instantly bought it there and then, and I also went to sleep with a big smile on my face :)

__

When I opened up the package to see my few goodies that I had bought, my first impression of the body mist was that it was pretty small. I originally thought it was more of a perfume but having learned that it was a body mist, I wasn't too happy. Honestly, £8 for a 45ml bottle is a bit much. I can understand that it is Zoella, and her products may be a bit pricey because she can… I still don't think it's really worth the money. This is just comparing it with my large Hollister Body Mist that goes with me everywhere and literally lasts a year.

Size aside, let's get into the actual review of the body mist itself.

I wasn't really sure what I was expecting from the descriptions I've read about the scent of this body mist. But when I sprayed it on my wrist and took that initial whiff, I was taken back to a time when I was younger. I have no idea where I have smelled the scent before, but I have. It was nostalgic. It was sweet. And I love it. 
It's a lovely scent which isn't too over bearing, or too concentrated, or too… bizarre. Some perfumes I've smelled before and they're pretty 'toxic' but the Zoella Blissful Mistful scent it really pleasant. I can understand when people say it's 'sugary'. It's a nice sweet smell :)

However another thing I wasn't too impressed with was the lasting power of the body mist. I understand body mists aren't as concentrated as a perfume so I wasn't expecting a big deal. However, comparing this body mist to my Hollister body mist - which practically lingers on me all day - this body mist lasts for 30 minutes max. So I can imagine people using this body mist often and literally rinsing out the spray because they want to smell nice all day.


As much as I love the scent of this body mist, I think this is a body mist that people should really consider before buying it. I prefer a bit more bang for my buck, so I don't think that I'll be repurchasing this body mist. I will definitely use it as I love the scent, however I do think there may be cheaper alternatives of a similar scent.

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig