Saturday, 25 October 2014

10 Reasons Why You Didn’t Peak During High School

Was High school really the best years of your life?

To answer that question... No. Probably Not. 

I don’t want this post to be a reminder of how shite your High School years was, but, it might take you back there.

I think we can agree that the main people who ‘peaked’ during High School had a whale of a time. But for those of us who weren’t so lucky, here are:
10 Reasons Why You Didn’t Peak During High School.

  1. The music you liked wasn’t so mainstream. And by mainstream, I’m talking about artists that pretty much everyone knew and heard of on the TV, (Beyonce, Rihanna, Pussycat Dolls - I’m struggling to remember artists that everyone liked back the 00s).
  2. Instead you liked music that was considered ‘weird’ so maybe a bit of Panic! At The Disco, Linkin Park, The Killers, Fall Out Boy. Yeah I’m struggling to find a reason why this music was considered ‘weird’ too...
  3. You were very smart at something or you were keen to learn. Which led to you being called a ‘swot’ or a ‘geek’. But to the majority of the world’s population, you were considered ‘a student who wants to get somewhere in their life’. 
  4. You didn’t follow school trends, and I’m talking about those headband things that people wore on their foreheads and those disc belts. Yeah, it may have been a trend but they’re so last decade.
  5. You actually got on with your teacher, and I mean in the sense of getting your work done and talking to them about how you could improve. (I’m sure you guys can tell I was nowhere near peaking during High School).
  6. You were shit at sports. Literally. C’mon guys, we can be honest here. I was terrible at sports and still am, in fact the only thing I can do is walk and sometimes I don’t do that properly. (I have an amazing talent at tripping over flat surfaces).
  7. You couldn’t wait to get home from school so you could play The Sims. Don’t lie. I know I wasn’t the only one.
  8. Or, you were excited to hop onto MSN Messenger and update your screen name with lyrics to a song that was a not so subtle hint to someone you liked... even though they most likely never paid attention. Although now we have websites like ask.fm and Tumblr, where you can tell them your real and honest feelings... as Anonymous.
  9. Even your group of friends liked the same music as you, had the same interests as you and even disliked the same people.
  10. But despite these reasons, you still had a decent time during High School... minus the bullies, the negative comments and P.E classes.
This may seem like a negative post - which I hope it doesn't come across that way - because I guess things… worked out? 

Feel free to share this post if you agreed, or leave a comment if you have any reasons you'd like to add! :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig