Saturday, 10 May 2014

My Top 5 Spring & Summer Lipsticks

Hey everyone :)

Today I am bringing you a selection of beautiful spring/summer lipsticks - which happens to be my favourite! When it comes to finding a makeup product that suits the summer weather in terms of the colour and texture, I always end up reaching for a light weight pink or peach lipstick! But obviously on a night out, I select a rich hot pink lipstick that compliments my skin tone.

I created a video so you guys can see how these lipsticks look on me, but I have also taken photos of swatches alongside a mini review down below!


The video:


Lipsticks shown:
Sleek - Barely There

NV Colour - Flamenco
Maybelline Whisper - 65
Maybelline Colour Sensational - Fuchsia Fever
Superdry - Electric Pink




Sleek - Barely There:
This is quite a nude, light weight lipstick that is similar to a salmon shade. In these photos, it looks more on the salmon side. This lipstick looks great on all skin tones! At first I thought that this lipstick would make me look a little washed out, but I have been loving wearing this as it looks great with minimal eye makeup and lots of bronzy contouring!

NV Colour - Flamenco
This lipstick looks a little similar to the Sleek lipstick, however this is a little bit more vibrant, pigmented and on the pink side rather than salmon. I love the case of this lipstick, as it's magnetic! This is one lipstick I will definitely be sporting this summer.

Superdry - Electric Pink
This is one of my favourite night out lipsticks, as it's a rich, cream hot pink lipstick. The name Electric Pink really does suit it well, as it truly is very vibrant and pigmented. This has to be my favourite lipstick out of this selection, as it goes so well with Olive, Golden and Asian skin tones.
It's a little bit pricey but definitely worth it!

Maybelline Whisper - 65
After wearing this lipstick religiously during the end of last summer, I am surprised I've not ran out of it yet! But this lipstick is a very dewy and sheer lipstick that kinda resembles a tint or balm. This lipstick is perfect for days where you don't want to wear so much makeup or you just want a hint of colour on your lips. Oh, this lipstick will keep your lips very moisturised and hydrated too.

Maybelline Colour Sensational - Fuchsia Fever
I've heard that this Fuchsia Fever lipstick is a dupe of MAC's Candy Yum Yum, however I don't have that lipstick so I can't really compare the two. But this lipstick is very Nicki Minaj. That is honestly how I'm describing it! I love the vibrancy and colour of this lipstick, and this too is the kind I would wear on a night out - as it's a little too vibrant for during the day (in my opinion). 

In terms of lasting power, the lipsticks that definitely last a long time are the Superdry, NV Colour and Maybelline Colour Sensational lipsticks. The others I find are more sheer in texture, which is probably better during the day.

I hope you guys like this review and video! Please give me a thumbs up on my video and subscribe to my channel, it would mean a lot to me :)

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig