Saturday, 3 May 2014

First Impressions on the Foundation bottle that broke in the post.

Hey everyone :)

If you have been following my Twitter/Facebook lately, you will know that recently I have been unlucky in receiving a certain foundation bottle. After searching the internet for Vegan and paraben-free makeup, I came across the B. Makeup range on the Superdrug website, again. Previously, I've walked past the B. stall and decided not to purchase their products as they are quite pricey - despite their pure quality.
However, Superdrug have had a sale on the B. Skincare and Makeup range which has dropped the prices of the foundations to around £5. Which is an absolute bargain if you ask me!

After reading through reviews of the foundations, I decided to settle for the Light Hydrating Foundation and Complete Coverage Foundation, I had also purchased the stick concealer and Contour bronzer/highlighter duo.

However on Monday afternoon, I went to open up my parcel to find that my products were intact except the Light Hydrating Foundation. 
Which looked a little like this…




So as you can imagine, I was pretty disappointed. It wasn't like I could properly use the foundation because the lid was attached to the pump, which was attached to the top third of the glass bottle. So I was unable to use the pump, plus, I could put it together. The top of the bottle sat awkwardly on the bottle and if I had happened to have knocked it, bits of glass would come off.
The bottom of the glass had been broken too, so puddles of oil and foundation were dotted around on my desk.

But despite this delivery disaster,  I did manage to give the foundation a try and I filmed a 'First Impressions' video for you guys :)


This foundation has quite a sheer formula, and at first it seemed like it wasn't my shade? It looked a little bit light for my skin (or in this lighting) but once you blend out the foundation, it looked quite nice on my skin.
I'd say that this foundation provides a medium coverage, but if you have acne scarring (like I do), you will need a concealer to cover up any scarring or blemishes. 

The shade I bought: 040 Honey.

I review the foundation more in this video, so if you would like to hear what my initial thoughts are about this foundation then check it out.

I hope you guys like this post/video, and if you do, give me a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel!

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig