Friday, 23 May 2014

Dyeing My Hair… Again

If you've been reading my blog for some time now, you will know that I absolutely love to dye my hair. I've had it ombre'd, dark pink, dark red, purply… etc! Around the start of last month, I decided to dye my hair with the La Riche Directions in 'Tulip', which came out like a reddish shade to be honest. And I wasn't too keen on it as I preferred the 'Cerise' shade because it was more on the purple/pink side.

However, as summer is approaching us and we've had amazing beautiful weather the past week except today - I'm currently sat typing this whilst it's pouring it down outside - I've decided that I want to have lighter hair. As in, light brown. Now I know my hair has already been previously coloured and bleached, and I have several strands of hair that are lighter than the rest. But, I want my whole head a bit lighter with a few blonde/light brown/golden streaks running through it.

I'm not really up for going overboard with the bleach again, so I'm going to try and make a gradual build up to the colour that I desire. To start this gradual colouring process, I bought the Garnier Belle Colour hair dye in Natural Light Brown.


Of course, if you would like to see the dying process, how my hair was before and the after results, I did film it for you guys. Here is the video:


Looking back at the footage, I'd say that there isn't much of a big difference in the ends of my hair as those were previously coloured and were different shades of light brown. However, the top and middle of my hair has been lightened quite nicely and I have an even colour of brown!
This can be more of a base shade for the 'highlights'… I'm not quite sure what to call it as I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing just yet. But I'm just going to call this the base shade. 

I left the dye on my hair for a good 30 minutes whilst watching a RomCom - ahh, I love RomComs! I rinsed out the hair dye and washed it with the provided conditioner et voila! 


The result of my hair!


You can see that my hair has definitely been lightened, although some areas look more on the reddish side for some reason, and some areas are more brown. But hopefully after a few more washes, the colour will be more even and hopefully more on the brown side rather than red.


I hope you guys liked this post and the video, if you do, don't forget to give me a Thumbs Up and subscribe to my channel as I upload videos everyday :)

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig