Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Why I Don't Have Any New Years Resolutions For 2014

Hey everyone :)

Woohoo we've made it to 2014! 
So I'm currently writing up this bog post in bed on New Years Day evening, after reading several Facebook statuses / blog posts about peoples New Years resolutions. And well… I've figured that I'm going to go into 2014 with a clear mind. None of this "I need to be more like this" or "This year I'm gonna leave _____ people in the past" bullshit. 
Because to be honest, if I wanted to do that, I wouldn't leave it til the New Year to do so. I'd do it there and then, regardless of what day of the year it is.

I know you might be thinking, "Ravi, what are you even on about?! The past two Januarys you've wrote resolutions?!". Yes, yes I did. And I didn't stick to them. I didn't feel that things like "growing my hair long" was that important of a life choice, which is why half way through the year I cut my hair quite short. But, during October/November time, I made different life choices. I wanted to experiment with my Uni work, I wanted to get into being quite creative behind the camera. I wanted to be open to new experiences, and be able to say "Yes" when I was asked to do something I've not done before. 
And it was something that I really wanted to do, which is why I made the decision to do it back then, rather than wait until the New Year. And I know I will stick to these decisions as they're very relevant to me at this moment.

So do I not have any resolutions for 2014?
No.

Why not?
Thing is, I want to carry on with the way that I am living at this moment, because right now, I feel like I already have the passion and motivation I need to have a good year. I want to go into 2014 with a clear mind and just be me, without being like, "Oh I need to do this". Nah, the only thing I need to do is just be me, and carry on with being me.
As for things like 'leaving the haters behind in 2013' or leaving certain friendships behind… Well… if I have a hater, I generally ignore them. If I have to leave a friendship behind then I would do when I find an appropriate time. 

I know 2014 will be a great year as I have amazing people in my life to share it with. I have the strength to get through University and to my best. 
Generally when it comes to New Years resolutions, people say things like "By December, I want this this and this". Yet when it comes to December, sometimes they've not achieved the goals that they've set. It's good to have goals, but don't beat yourself up at the end of the year if you've not achieved them!

So one thing that I will be doing, and I think this would be good for a lot of you is:
Just focus on being the best you. If there is something that you want to achieve, just do it. Go after it. 
Do what you can do today, and you will be able to reap the awards. Don't think about next month, or next year, just focus on the present. This hour, this minute, this moment. 

I hope you guys have had a nice New Years celebration and are ready to tackle this year! 

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig