Wednesday, 29 January 2014

First retail therapy of 2014… Oops

Hey everyone :)

I initially wanted to film this too, however I think I might lay off the YouTube filming at the moment and concentrate more on blogging and writing - especially as I have a lot of work to do. Filming; recording and editing, takes up a good portion of my day and unless I wake up super duper early, I find it a bit difficult to film and then get on with other work.
This might change though… or I might just use my laptop camera for filming - it'll only just be for a months worth of videos! 
I know February is going to be really tough, because I'll have to juggle my blog, YouTube and my work. So I think the whole YouTube stuff will have to take a backseat for the tim being! 

Anyway, onto the point of this post:

So on Monday, I wasn't feeling particularly great. I had a lot of stress on my mind - from work and just life in general, and it was the lowest I had felt (and I mean low!) in quite a long time. I guess it's just a mixture of graduation, my dissertation, my career after uni and things like that - swirling around in my head. I don't know why I'm quite nervous and anxious about life after uni… but it's taking quite a big toll on me.
It generally doesn't affect me that much, but on Monday it did… and I knew I had to do something.

Now I'm not saying that every time I feel bad, I need to go out shopping. I mean come on. But I've not been actual shopping shopping in such a long time! 
I generally prefer shopping alone, because when I shop with others, I get a bit distracted and a bit impatient haha. I guess I'm the kind of person who likes to go in to the shop knowing what they want, buy it, and then walks back out. 
And that is what my Monday morning-afternoon consisted of!


So to understand some of these items, you will have to look at one of my most recent posts, which was January-February WishlistWhere I talked about a few items that I wanted this month! 
Luckily, I managed to get my hands on one of the items and a dupe of another! 

So, what did I get?

Primark Wet look leggings - which resemble the 'Leather Look' trousers… except tighter, obviously.
Ollie Locke autobiography - Laid In Chelsea
Topshop lipsticks in 'Depth' and 'Inhibition'
Beige skirt from Magenta
Boots Botanics 93% Organic Super Balm
Primark Tshirt
Primark chunky necklace
Primark underwear (although you guys don't really need to know about that! :P)


So the two lipsticks I bought were 'Depth' and 'Inhibition'.
This is the first time that I purchased any of the Topshop cosmetics, and I was very intrigued to see what they were like as I've heard many awesome reviews! 
Depth is a very deep purple colour - which is quite vampy and gothic. It's a shade I've been looking for, for quite a while and I was so gutted that Boots didn't stock any similar shades. But I absolutely love this shade!
Inhibition is a deep pinkish plum shade - definitely a 'fall/winter' shade for me, and it's the kind of shade I have been sporting a lot recently! I don't know what it is but Ive been so drawn to darker shades lately.
I will do a full review with swatches of both lipsticks soon! 


Some Primark underwear… moving swiftly on!


So in the Wishlist post, I mentioned a particular necklace that I wanted from New Look. However after spotting this necklace in Primark, I really like it! It's quite chunky and bold, which really attracted me to it! I really like the pattern on it too :)
This is definitely the type of necklace you can wear during the day, and also for a meal/night out.
I really like versatile jewellery like that. It doesn't look too over the top, and it goes with most outfits!


I quite like a lot of the casual t-shirts that Primark sell, as they're the type that you can dress up! I saw this T-shirt with this bold floral image and I really liked it, I don't have any clothes like this. I instantly imagined the necklace being paired up with the t-shirt and thought they suit really well! 


Along with pairing the necklace and floral top, I pictured these wet look leggings with it too - I'm such a dreamer! I thought they went together well and fit a certain 'image' that I'm kind of aspiring to at the moment. I knew I had to have these leggings, and they are versatile too. You can wear them with a long top and cardigan during the day, but you can also wear them with an elegant top and stylish jewellery too for a night out.

In one of my previous videos, I talked about Celebrity Big Brother. Now for those of you who are unaware of Ollie Locke, he is basically from Made In Chelsea and is known for his breakups and coming out on television. And he is in the Big Brother house this year. I've been so into this season of Big Brother - I never used to watch it before! But I guess it's because I know who a lot of the housemates are. 
Anyway, I've been loving him in the Big Brother house, and I noticed he had an autobiography. If you know me well, you know I love reading autobiographies so much (it's like reading people's diaries!)
I've been reading Laid In Chelsea for two days now, and I can honestly say it's very easy reading, it's hilarious and it's quite embarrassing too! But I really like that he can share embarrassing stories, and I think that's what makes him an entertaining character.


 The beige skirt underneath the Botanic Super Balm was half price (woo!), and it cost me £5, which honestly isn't bad! 
I actually have this skirt in the colour black too, which I bought from eBay for £5 too! They're just really casual and versatile pieces - have you noticed I go for versatile clothes?!
You can wear them anytime of day and dress them however you please. They are great pieces to have in your closet, as sometimes wearing a dress or leggings all the time can become a bit stale. So it's good to have variation with clothing. 
It also comes with a cute skinny belt too! 


I first read about the Boots Botanics Super Balm on Zoella's blog, and she stated that after she had used it for the first time, she felt her face and was like "wow". 
Now I don't really have dry skin - which this balm is recommended for - but I do have dry areas on my face. My forehead can be quite dry, and around my mouth and my cheeks - as I use my acne lotion there. If you've ever used any acne prevention creams, you will know that they dry the absolute $#!* out of your face, and no regular moisturiser can combat that awful scaly dryness!

However, this balm has proved to be a miracle product!!! 

I put this on my dry areas at night, and whilst my skin drinks the moisture from regular moisturisers in no time, this balm kept my face feeling moisturised and supple - and not too greasy either. 
I have to say that once you first apply this balm, your face is looking like a very oiled up bodybuilder's chest, but once your skin absorbs it, it is less shiny.

I will do a full review on this product soon too :)

I hope you guys like this post, and these are the products that I bought from my 'Retail Therapy' session, and I guess it was nice to have the morning/early afternoon off to spend some quality time with myself and the high street!

~ xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Awesome haul! The packaging of the Topshop lipsticks are pretty rad. I'd love to see a review with some swatches of those two shades! :D

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig