Friday, 15 November 2013

L'Oreal Paris - Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation REVIEW

"I'm so excited! I bought this new foundation and I can't wait to see how it looks". My iMessage beeped, it was my sister talking to me about her latest, and by latest I mean 'latest at that moment in time', makeup buys. I could tell she was super excited - I mean who wouldn't be excited over makeup?! Well I'm guessing most guys. Anywho, the foundation she bought was the L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation. At the moment she's more in the loop about the latest makeup products, because before this day, I hadn't heard of this product. Well I knew about the Nude Magique line - cut me at least some slack!

"Oh.. it's a bit too light for me... I'll let you try it out, you might like it" - and I guess that's where I am now. Moving on to the review:

I decided to film the foundation application and my first thoughts (or impressions) about this product - as this was the first time I'd applied it fully onto an area that wasn't just the back of my hand. However, if you would like to see swatches then keep reading..


The shade I bought is 110 Warm Ivory. Yes, this shade is quite light but after I'd applied my powder and bronzer, I made it work for me :) I still have a minor tan from summer, but I know that when the tan fades, this foundation will suit me much better.



The foundation is encased in a small glass bottle, and for a strange reason, it's only 20ml - generally foundations are 30ml / 1floz. Nonetheless, I love the packaging; it's small and petite and it looks really delicate too. 

What the foundation claims:
A feather light foundation, feels as light and fresh as water. Instantly fuses with the skin blending seamlessly to leave a silky, second skin effect.
Perfect bare skin look.
Naturall even, shine free look.
Undetectable coverage.
Silky soft touch.
No make-up feel.
Non-pore clogging.


With artificial lighting


 With flash



My impression of this foundation:
When I first tried this on the back of my hand, the consistency of the foundation surprised me as it's very silky and velvety. It definitely is like water, and it feels really gentle on the skin. Most foundations tend to give a heavy feel - depending on the amount of layers you apply - and some leave your skin feeling like it can't breathe. If you're lucky, these foundations won't transfer onto white clothing - which is so embarrassing
However, this foundation left my skin feeling like it could breathe - the formula of this foundation is very lightweight and it's much more comforting feeling of having non-pore-clogging(skin-covered-so-much-it-can't-breathe) makeup on my skin. 
Despite the fact that this foundation is very watery, I initially had the impression that this wouldn't cover up my acne scarring. It does, to an extent. Most of my scarring did get covered up, even the redness on my cheeks, however some scars still remain detectable and I have to apply a bit more concealer on top of the foundation. Also, my under eyes - like always - didn't get covered up well, and I had to go over them with my tattoo concealer :)
Oh and one last thing: If you have dry skin, then this foundation probably won't be for you. I've found that it does settle into cracks, and accentuates drier skin. 



I hope you guys liked this review, and I do recommend trying out this foundation as it's very light on the skin and doesn't clog your pores - which is really comforting to know :) 
Thank you for reading! :)

~ xoxo 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig