Friday, 29 November 2013

Lock It vs. Glamoflauge Concealer REVIEW

Hello everyone :) 

I am back with a comparison review for two of my favourite concealers : Kat Von D Lock It concealer & Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer. 

These two concealers can only be purchased in America (or a Sephora for the Kat Von D product) - I managed to get mine on eBay, and the Kat Von D concealer was a gift to me from my sister when she went to Vegas! Lucky me :) 

So as they're both tattoo concealers, I thought it'd be cool to do a comparison review on these products. I've been getting a few requests to do a review on them, and I thought that I'd give you a demo on how the concealers look, and also a review! 


Here are the swatches and review:


The two concealers, and also the concealer pencil that comes with the Glamoflauge product :) 
The shades I bought:
Kat Von D Lock It - Medium Tan 26
Hard Candy Glamoflauge - Tan

The main difference with these concealers is the brand and price. Kat Von D's makeup range is more of a luxury brand and a lot of her products are highly priced, so if you're looking to spend a little bit more on makeup, then I'd recommend her products.
However, if you're working with a tight budget and you want a reliable concealer that will hide your imperfections - great for when you're dealing with a hangover! - then I'd recommend the Glamoflauge concealer. Plus, it's available on eBay - just make sure you look for the top rated seller! 



As you can see, the Kat Von D concealer is much closer to my skin tone, and doesn't look really 'yellow/orange' like the Glamoflauge. Just letting you know though, I am incredibly pale, and an NC30 shade is quite yellow on me.
The concealer pencil looks like a close match to the Kat Von D concealer - just to show how similar these shades are!

I'd recommend these shades if you are: Between NC30-NC40 (I'm not sure how shades work past the 40) but I can assure you that the Glamoflauge concealer fits a wide spectrum of skin tones!


Break down of the concealers:
Lock It:
+ It's a really thin consistency - so great for those with oily skin types.
+ It's very blend able. 
+ Creates a dewy, skin-like finish - it doesn't make your skin look cakey, and looks quite natural with one layer
+ Doesn't break me out!
+ Doesn't feel too thick or heavy on the skin

- Not available to those outside of the US
- Quite expensive
- A little doesn't go a long way.


Glamoflauge:
+ Delivers amazing coverage
+ A little goes a long way!
+ Available on eBay - great for those who don't have contacts in America or people visiting America
+ Very affordable
+ Shades fit a wide variety of skin tones
+Pencil blends in very well (with a freshly moisturised face)

- Can feel heavy on the skin, depending on how thick you apply it
- Can create a cakey appearance
- Sometimes breaks me out
- Not the best concealer to wear in the summer, as it's thick and melts off! :(

I hope you guys liked this review! Don't forget to 'Like' and Subscribe to my YouTube channel :) 
Thanks for reading & watching! 

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig