Saturday, 19 October 2013

Monthly Favourites - October

I will, and I shall, be writing these up every month! I keep saying that and yet I write up irregular posts, but I am determined that I will write one every month :)

October Favourites 


1) Smooch Mascara
I bought this mascara on a whim - just because I wanted a mascara to do the job of making my lashes look more... like I have lashes. Anyway this cost me around £3 as I bought it from LOOK in Huddersfield - they sell cheap cosmetics and it's great for students! Otherwise I'd have to pay at least a fiver for a mascara. 
At first when I bought it, I didn't really like it as I felt that the mascara product took a while to attach itself to my lashes and 'build up a fuller lash' compared to other mascaras like 'Benefit's They're Real' or 'Soap & Glory's THICK & FAST' that made a huge difference within one coat.
However this mascara has grown on me and there is a technique of using it and gaining that 'fuller lash' effect!

2) MAC Studio Fix Fluid - Shade: NC30
After using the MAC Studio Finish concealer for quite a lot of time and loving it, I thought that I'd try a MAC foundation. I had a look at many reviews and this Studio Fix Fluid was highly raved, and because it was oil-free, I thought that I'd buy this and hopefully it wouldn't cause any problems to my skin. 
After buying it, I told my sister and she was like: "NO! Why did you buy that?! I bought it before and it really broke me out". So after hearing this, I thought: "Shit, what am I going to do if it broke me out?!".  Because it isn't the cheapest of foundations on the market.
However, I just decided to give it a try, and well... I REALLY like this foundation. 
It doesn't break me out at all and it lasts on the face for quiet a while too. You don't need a lot for a decent coverage - although if you have scarred skin like me, you will need a second layer of foundation. 
I really like this foundation although I do think that it is quite yellow - and I have a more paler skin tone so it is a little obvious that I am wearing a foundation haha! Nonetheless, I really love the foundation and I will be writing and filming a review/demo for you guys!


3) Quinoderm
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you will know that I've had problematic skin for a number of years now, and in my last acne update I mentioned how I'm using PanOxyl 10% - I started using it in last August. Anyway, if you're not in the loop about acne products, PanOxyl have discontinued their acne skin care line. Which was such a big thing to me as their product worked so amazingly well and my skin dramatically improved. However I found that I was using the product less and less in a bid to 'only use it sparingly'. 
But anyway I figured that I'd eventually have to find a product that worked as amazingly well as the PanOxyl product. So after searching around on Google for reviews on other products, Quinoderm was raved about by quite a lot of people. I thought that I could give it a try - it was less than a fiver so it wasn't a huge deal - and I am absolutely thrilled to say that it works just as well - if not better - than the PanOxyl 10%. 
I will do a full review on the product soon! 

4) EOS Lip Balm - Tangerine
My sister bought this for me when she went to the States in July after seeing so many beauty bloggers/vloggers rave about it! I really love this lip balm, it's cute in the way it's packaged and I love how it doesn't require you putting your finger in it (like Vaseline). 
I love the taste of it too - Oh COME ON don't judge me! I don't literally sit there and apply it and then lick my lips. It's really moisturising, and it has more of a balm-y sort of texture rather than Baby Lips (for example) - and that has a dewy and liquidy sort of consistency. I love the EOS lip balm as I find that it actually does moisturise and keeps my lips feeling soft and supple :)



5) Crown Earrings
I actually bought these whilst having a stroll about in Huddersfield town, and I absolutely love them! 
Here's a little bit of background story about them: I'd been thinking about buying some dainty cute earrings for a while, as most of mine are just shapes (like squares) or they're spikes or just long 'going out'-typey earrings. Anyway it was in the back of my mind and I'd gone out for a stroll in Huddersfield town during my first week of moving here, and there's a small stall within Kingsgate and where they sell tons of jewellery, scarves, accessories and all that jazz. And I've previously bought bracelets from them and also a scarf too. 
So I'd had a look at the earrings and there wasn't any that really caught my eye, but something in my mind told me: "No, take a look again", and in the bottom corner of the earring display, were these cute crown earrings. They were £2.50 too which aren't bad, considering you would pay a lot more for these style of earrings if you were to go to New Look or Topshop.

I hope you guys have liked reading my October Favourites post! 

What have been your favourite items of this month?

~ xoxo
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I really want to try a EOS lip balm, I keep hearing great things about them!

    Great blog, I'm a new follower :)

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those EOS lip balms are sooo good. I haven't seen the tangerine flavoured ones around, but I can only imagine it tastes sweet and citrus-y. I'm currently making a huge dent in the Blueberry Acai one I just picked up. You have a great blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your blog !xx

    http://nickykaur.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig