Tuesday, 6 August 2013

7 Life Lessons In One

Hey everyone :)

I've been thinking a lot lately.. in fact, I think I've been thinking too much for the average girl. Not average person, but average girl. Now that's a lot.
And I've not been thinking about the random crap about shoes or makeup... but more about relationships, and love... and life. 

I think I was at that stage where I'm just thinking, "Bring it on, biatch", with all of life's challenges and I was hoping that I'd actually get somewhere. And to be honest, I've not got anywhere... but I've learned a couple of things along the way... 

1) Give someone the same amount of attention that they give you: 
This means that those people who go out of their way to text you - especially with long messages - talk to them more than those who don't bother with you. Why? You're only wasting your time with using your friendship feelings on the wrong people. I suppose you'll feel a lot happier being friends with people who really want to be friends with you. 

2) Say what you mean, and mean what you say:
I've always lived by this, and I am the type to be honest and pretty blunt. Whenever I say something, I usually stick to it because why would I say something and then change my mind later? It's something that doesn't make sense to me... I guess this is a lesson for those who are unsure about their words. Don't say something and later change your mind. Honesty is, in fact, the best policy.

3) Life is too good to be sad:
If you have a small bump in the road, the world doesn't end. When you fall out with your best friend, the world won't end. When you feel like you're completely alone in the world, your world has not ended. Even if you are feeling alone, there are tons of things to do to make you feel better... Talk to someone else, watch YouTube videos, catch up with a family friend, read a book etc. Don't let sadness eat you up inside!



4) Don't drunk text people:
Just don't. Unless the person you've drunk texted before has texted you when they're drunk. Don't text them thinking anything good will come out of it - because (I'm guessing) it rarely does. I guess I can't really go into this further because if you've ever done it, you will know that it's embarrassing and you could end up regretting it the next day. 

5) Take risks:
If you feel like you need to say something, if you have a gut feeling about someone and you want to tell them. Do it. Just be honest. I suppose this could end up good or bad, but if you don't take risks, you will end up regretting it and thinking, "What if I just said it?"

"If you're not scared then you're not taking a chance. If you're not taking a chance then what the hell are you doing anyway?"

6) Let your scars turn into wisdom:
If you've come out of a big situation and you feel it's taken a huge toll on your life, don't feel like it's a bad impact on you. Don't feel like it's a big mistake, or a regret. It's a lesson learned.
Life is all about making mistakes, and learning from them. 


7) Think about the last thing you're going to say to someone:
Would you want someone to remember you saying "Oh ____ you" as the last thing you ever said to them? I know it's a little dramatic to think along those lines, but you never know what tomorrow will bring you. Tomorrow may not be promised..
I'd rather have someone know I'm fine with them, and that whatever they did; I forgive them. And whatever I've done to them, I hope they forgive me. 
The bottom line here is just to be civil with everyone, life is too short for arguments and worrying about other people's business. Focus on you, be the best person that you can be, and be nice to others :)

That's all of the life lessons that I've learned within the past... month I guess haha. I hope you guys liked this post and I hope I've helped in some way or another.


~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig