Friday, 14 June 2013

Fake Internet Personalities

Hey everyone :)

I supposed I'm not the only one that has come across this sort of behaviour, or 'acting' if that's what you wanna call it. It really does irk me when people feel that they need to put on a pretentious personality when it comes to communicating online.. whether it's on YouTube, Facebook or Twitter.

I know you might be thinking, "Well, how does someone else's behaviour affect me personally?" or "OMG U SHOULD LET PPL LIVE THEY'RE LIVESSS!!!1"
Okay people, I understand that completely (except the use of "they're" when it's "their"), and yeah, people should be able to live their lives without anyone saying anything.

But when you're able to see through someone's acting - well, their bad acting - then I suppose it does make you feel a little bit irritated. I've heard of people telling me about their friends who are on YouTube or on Twitter, and they're completely different to how they are in real life. Like, you know those types of girls who are so shy in person, and on the internet they're like a loose cannon. Yeah, like that. I think that resembled a 16-year-old me, but moving on...


I made this video about different Internet Personalities, and I just want to get this message across:
I am in no way making an attack on someone in particular. I made this video based on the millions of YouTube videos I've seen in the past 6 years, and also being a user of the Internet for a lot longer than 6 years, I've been exposed to different kinds of people who are a lot different in person to how they are online.
So please don't take this video really really reaaallllyyy seriously!
The main point I want to get across in this video is: You just need to be yourself; because some day, people will realise who you are and what you're about. And it's just better to be honest about that from the start :)

I hope you guys like this video and as always, don't forget to 'like' and subscribe! :)

YouTube | Facebook Twitter
~ xoxo

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Haha I really enjoyed this video! Completely see your point as well, especially about being able to tell when someone is 'over-acting' - people need to realise that if they're uncomfortable from not really being themselves that it WILL come across. Saying that though, I've never made a video and am sure I would be the most awkward individual to ever exist!

    Claire xx
    http://stylingo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much for watching! :D
      Yeah that is so true! People should just be themselves and be comfortable that way :) Bless, I'm sure you wouldn't be! :)

      xxx

      Delete
  2. Most people that are shy use social media as an outlet to bring out their bubbly side that in life you wouldn't really see.
    Then you have some girls who think they're Queen Hype and running a PR company .
    I guess people need to find a balance

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig