Friday, 15 March 2013

Three Products to BRIGHTEN Up Eyes

Hey everyone :)

I thought of this post during the past week when I was doing my makeup for University - only to find that I've toned it down a lot and I'm only using a concealer and a mascara. Simply because I want my eyes to look 'brighter'.

And by 'brighter', I mean, more awake :) and being a student means that I have to spend most of my time working and meeting deadlines, and not much time for sleep. So I end up looking really tired :(

But, I've managed to find 3 products that can completely transform my appearance, and make my eyes stand out more!

Step 1: Concealer


Notice how my under eyes are so dark :( due to lack of sleep.. and well... I'm guessing genetics too!
So concealer is something I MUST do, and I've found wearing concealer helps to brighten up my appearance - even if I don't use a lot.


The concealer I use is 'Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer' in 25.

I LOVE this concealer! It makes me look brighter, more awake, and it blends in so well with my skin tone (when used with the Fit Me foundation). It's so creamy and light, and it gives off a natural looking finish :)


I blend that in with a sponge :) I sometimes use my fingers to dab and blend the product :)


And here is the result of the concealer :)

Step 2 - Eyebrows

Eyebrows are a must, as it is the one thing that frames your eyes! My eyebrows are quite faint, and I need to fill them in with an eyebrow powder to make them look fuller. If you don't normally use eyebrow filler, I suggest that you do. You will notice a difference straight away :)


So the eyebrow filler powder I'm using is from the HD Brows palette :)


I used the bottom right powder with an angled brush.


How I usually fill in my brows is, by drawing the outline of the brow starting from the bottom, and then the top line. This usually sets the guidelines of how much to fill in :)


I then comb through the brows to get rid of any extra buildup of powder :)

Step 3 - Eyeliner

I used the same brown powder from the HD Brows Kit.
I love how this brow palette contains 4 different powders, as it can be used in different ways! Using the same angled brush and powder, I created a line on my upper lash line..


Step 4 - Mascara

Mascara is the last step, and this will help to create the illusion of a bigger eye.
For this, I used a mascara by Natural Collection - and I really love this mascara! Not only was it £1.99, but it's a really great mascara that lengthens my lashes, coats them evenly, and lasts for ages!




I finish the look off with two coats of mascara on my top and bottom lashes :)



(oh, and I added a tinyyyy bit of brown powder on to my lower lash line - in the corner - as it too, create an illusion of a bigger eye!)

So, these are my steps and 3 products I use for a quick brighter eye! I hope you liked it!

In the next post, I will be showing you how I created this smokey eye look, with the HD Brows palette:


It'll be part of my "Day to Night" look :) can you believe I created this look with the HD Brows palette?!

~ xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Buenas, enhorabuena por el blog, me gustarĂ­a intercambiar enlaces contigo y que nos sigamos mutuamente.
    Un enorme saludo desde http://orgullobenfiquista.blogspot.com/
    http://bufandasybanderasamps.blogspot.com/

    Hi, congratulations on the blog, I would like to exchange links with you and we follow each other.
    A huge greeting from http://orgullobenfiquista.blogspot.com/
    http://bufandasybanderasamps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig