Friday, 22 March 2013

Not your regular banana milkshake!

Hey everyone :)

Today I am going to show you how to make a very delicious healthy - and somewhat naughty - milkshake / smoothie! 
I really love smoothies, and I have this smoothie maker at home (I think it's a KENWOOD branded smoothie maker) - yet I wasn't really sure of what to put in there. So I decided to experiment! I prefer experimenting and making my own milkshakes, rather than just adding milk to the powder Nesquik versions that you can usually buy in shops. Also, making your own smoothie tends to be a lot more healthier as you actually know what is going into your drink.

So anyway! On to the milkshake / smoothie...


We have a lot of fruit at home, but I was in the mood for something rich and creamy. So I had a look at ingredients we had already, and started to whip up a yummy milkshake that is healthy, but also provides that sweet kick!

What you will need:
A banana for each person
A handful of grapes
Milk - although you can use juice if you wanted to. I used milk because I wanted a creamy taste
Vanilla Ice Cream - you can replace this with vanilla Greek yoghurt if you wanted it to be super healthy!
Vanilla Essence 
Freshly Ground Cinnamon



I started off by putting in the fruit first, so the grapes and bananas. I then poured in a lot of milk (I had estimated how much I needed for two people). I then put in the Vanilla Essence and Cinnamon.


Blend all of the ingredients together - it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes


I had then added two large scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream and then blend again!


This is optional though, you can add in ice cubes to ensure that your milkshake/smoothie is cool and refreshing!


And ta da! Your not so healthy, healthy milkshake/smoothie is ready :)


~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig