Tuesday, 26 March 2013

My Road to Recovery :)

Hey everyone :)

Since August '12, I've been using PanOxyl 10% on my Acne - which I've been dealing with since I was around 13. You can read all about my journey through acne here, and I've tried all sorts of medicines! From prescribed medicines to store bought acne treatments, and I never really found anything that worked properly, until I started using PanOxyl 10%.


My mum recommended using PanOxyl as it's what my brother had used to get rid of his - and she said it really worked - and his skin was worse than mine. So I decided to give it a try and if it didn't work, I'd have to look for a different treatment.

I've taken a lot of photos from when I first started using PanOxyl up until now :)
And I should add: I've been using MURAD's Clarifying Cleanser and Exfoliating Treatment Gel - although for the past month I've hardly been using it was I've almost run out of it!

Here are the photos - taken from before I started the treatment up until today:



So this is how my face was before I started using PanOxyl 10%, as you can see, I have active acne and my face was literally covered in blemishes! 
(It's so weird seeing all of these pictures as my skin has changed so much these past few months..)



When I first got into using PanOxyl, and my skin was slowly getting used to the treatment. I found that my skin was really red, dry, it got painful at times because it felt like it was burning almost. But these are just the common side effects..


Despite my marks still being really prominent, you can see that it's slowly starting to ease up a bit. It's less red, and it doesn't look as aggravated than it was before. Nonetheless, it was still on it's road to recovery..


I think this was taken during September


This was taken on the day of my BBC Recording back at the end of November, this was the last time I remember it actually being  'active acne'. A little after this, I decided to use the MURAD products, and I rally think that those products have helped SO MUCH in keeping away the redness and breakouts! I absolutely love using the PanOxyl and MURAD together, as they both work well in reducing my acne and making sure I don't get it again.

I feel that the PanOxyl has worked to get rid of the existing acne that I have, along with some of the blemishes. Then the MURAD has helped to reduce the risk of another breakouts and bacteria on the skin.

Then fast forward to 2013..



End of January - you can see that despite my scarring still there, I haven't had any breakouts for a while and my skin is still clearing up.


Yesterday! :)

As you can see, my scars had faded a lot whilst some are still prominent. But luckily, I haven't suffered any really bad breakouts for a few months now which is awesome! And I don't have to worry as much for my skin now as I know it's definitely getting better :)

~ xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I tried panoxyl as well but the benzoyl peroxide so harsh for my skin. That's why proactive didnt work either.

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig