Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Elemis Loving Lips Quenching Lip Balm

Hey everyone :)

I LOVE getting freebies - whether it's free samples in the post, I'm being able to test out a product and even when magazines are kind enough to include a freebie with their every issue.

In April's issue of Cosmopolitan (I know it's a little early for April.. considering I bought this two weeks ago!) they were including free Elemis items, along with a very pretty cover photo of Zooey Deschanel.

These Elemis items include facial moisturisers, lotions and also a Quenching Lip Balm:



I really love lip products rather than moisturisers, as my skin is unpredictable - one day I can be completely fine using a moisturiser, and the next day I could get a breakout! 
Lip products, however, are different. I don't have to experience any reactions, and I love lip products - whether it's a balm or lipgloss or lipstick etc!

Anyway, before buying this issue of Cosmopolitan, I had absolutely no idea who Elemis are, or what kind of products they've released etc. After a quick search on Google, they are a British luxury spa and skincare brand :) Their products range from serums, to mattifyers, to moisturisers to face washes etc! They also have a mens skincare range too :)


With this Cosmopolitan magazine, I received the 'Loving Lips Quenching Lip Balm' :)


Here's what the product claims to do:

This refreshing peppermint lip balm, is enriched with passionflower oil, sweet almond oil and vitamin E to soften and condition the lips. 


How to use
Carry on you, all day everyday to keep lips luscious. 



And the main ingredients it includes are:
Passionflower Oil
Organic Peppermint Oil (and that's the main scent you can smell once you've applied this lipbalm!)
Sweet Almond Oil
Vitamin E


This lip balm comes out clear, and I feel that the consistency of the balm is quite thin - yet not so thin that it feels like you're wearing water. 
It's not as thick as Carmex, but not as thin as Vaseline. If you get what I mean haha!

It does have a slight glossy appearance when you apply it liberally, but if you dab it on - for a more natural look - then it makes you lips look plump and healthy, without a glossy sheen.


When applied directly to my hand.


After being rubbed in a little bit.

When I first tried this lip balm, my lips were really chapped. The weather hasn't been so kind to me lately, so my lips have been chapped, my hands have been really dry and my skin is looking really dull. 
So I thought that this was a great opportunity for me to try this lip balm! I noticed that after a day of applying this lip balm, my lips were less chapped and had retained it's natural condition. Then after a few days of applying the lip balm, my lips were really soft and looked a heck of a lot better than they did before!

I'm not sure whether this lip balm will be at the top with my favourite Carmex lip balm, as I fear that this product wont last me so long as it's consistency isn't that thick.

However, this is such a lovely exclusive freebie and I do appreciate Cosmopolitan for giving their readers a chance to try out Elemis products :)
~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig