Monday, 4 February 2013

SUPERBOWL: American Pancakes

Hey everyone :)

So it was the Superbowl last night, and well.. because I'm commuting (grrr I hate it so much!!!!) I had to wake up at half 6 this morning to get to University. Which meant I couldn't really stay up at night to watch it.
But I've heard it was really good, especially Beyonce's performance! 

And I've seen people write things like, "Erm, I heard there was a football game at Beyonce's concert" hahahah :P

However I was watching cooking shows yesterday that were talking about the food that people make like chicken wings and whatever. And another of them were American pancakes.

And because I was watching the cooking show at like 12pm when I'd literally just had my breakfast, I was sooo tempted to try to make these American style pancakes. Usually when I make them, they're really flat and spread easily. However I wanted to try make them so that they're really thick, have the height, and taste lovelyyy!

How do they look?!

They look pretty yummy for my first attempt at making these! :D

 I used this recipe from the BBC website:
135g/4¾oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
130ml/4½fl oz milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp melted butter (allowed to cool slightly) or olive oil, plus extra for cooking

And you have to basically sift all of the dry ingredients in one big mixing bowl, and the wet ingredients in like a jug (so that you can whisk it all), and then you pour the wet ingredients into the dry flour mix. THEN MIX!



When you start to mix it, you will feel that it is very very thick! 

So once the mixture is thick, you can go straight to the pan and make the pancakes :D
You will need a non-stick pan, and spoon in a knob of butter onto the pan - or you can use olive oil for this! I used butter. And then you pour in a quantity of the pancake batter onto the hot pan and then flip it over when one side is ready :)



You will want them to be like how the top one looks - a little brownish in the centre

When they're cooked like this on both sides, thy're ready to be eaten! :D

I ate mine with a topping of freshly squeezed lemon juice and a drizzle of honey!

Yummyyy :)
~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig