Wednesday, 2 January 2013

MURAD Acne Update

Hey everyone :)


*update* 
Check out "My Acne Story" video; which includes the products I recommend, and my own experience of battling with acne :)



I said that I would do an acne update after using the Murad skincare I posted up last month! I believe it's been around nearly 4 weeks since I've switched my routine to using all Murad products, so I am here to give you an update and a review!

First of all, this is how my skin was before I used these products:


Despite that I didn't have much active acne going on, I had a few pimples and a lot of redness.

How does my skin look now?



As you can see, there is a huge reduction of redness and I don't have much active acne. 
My skin looks smoother and a lot less irritated, and this has all happened in less than a month - so I'm really happy about this!

The bottom picture was actually my worst side, as I had continuous breakouts for half a year (if not even longer) and I found that it wouldn't go away. I had (and still have) scarring, but I find that it doesn't bother me much as it used to, as it is fading away!

After using the Murad set, I've found that the breakouts have reduced drastically - I got a few tiny pimples over Christmas from all of the cake I ate haha! - but it wasn't major.

Now, onto the products:


Clarifying Cleanser
Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel
Acne Spot Treatment


This clarifying cleanser is a face wash with 1.5% Salicylic Acid - which helps to control oil levels (as S.A can be quite drying).

It smells quite pleasant, not too fragrant either which is great. The cleanser foams up really nicely too, and I sometimes use it to remove extra bits of makeup on my face!

I found that this cleanser keeps my skin feeling refreshed and clean! It removes all of the dirt and oils that collect up on my face during the day. I've found that this doesn't dry my skin out, it keeps it nicely balanced, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all.


The exfoliating acne treatment gel first reminded me of the hand sanitizing lotions that you use when you go into hospitals haha!

This gel does have a similar consistency but don't worry, it's got nothing that will harm the skin! It containts 1.0% Salicylic Acid too.

I apply this onto my main problem areas after I've cleansed my face, and massage it in really well. I've found that this keeps my skin from getting oily during the day! I have quite an oily T-Zone so this is extremely helpful in that way :)



This acne spot treatment has been a bit iffy with me to be honest. 

I'm not sure if I like the texture of it. It's quite cream-like and it does absorb into the skin well. However I've found that wherever I apply this, that area tends to get greasy over a short amount of time, and at one point, it caused me to gain a pimple or two!

So it's a bit of a miss for me.. 

I will try and use this cream again as I've been told that this is the main product to get rid of the actual pimple/acne.



Hahaha, ignore the brown mark, I was doing swatches for an eyeshadow that I will be blogging about soon!

I'm going to be continuing with this skin care routine of using these MURAD products, and I'll be posting an update again in another month to show you how I'm getting on with it!
I hope you've found this useful!

So, last but not least, a photo of me :)


I like to make silly faces :P
~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig