Wednesday, 30 January 2013

FAQ: My BBC Filming Experience

Hey everyone :)

Ever since I was featured in the Acne documentary on BBC Three, I have been asked a lotttt of questions. Most of the questions are pretty much the same, and so, I will answer them all here :) There are some that have a long answer to it, and some are quite basic!

Let's go! :D

Q: How did the BBC find you?
A: Well it was a broadcaster - Alex - who works part of Mentorn Media - they film for shows like An Idiot Abroad (and other stuff too haha!). And she came across My Acne Story post where I wrote about how I dealt with acne, and I guess it really fit in with the documentary :) It's pretty weird how something I wrote had been seen by a large organisation! They emailed me :)

Q: How did Mentorn get in contact with you?
A: They emailed me on my business email address, and gave me the documentary briefing. I remember when I got the email and I was like, "What... really? Is this for real?" As I end up getting a bit of spam through my emails. And all of the authenticity was there like Alex's number, and the company address and also a disclaimer thing at the end of the email address. So it was for real!
It wasn't until a few days after I talking to Alex, that I told my family. 

Q: What was filming like?
A: It was pretty nerve wracking at first, as I've never done anything like it before.. Well.. I've done mini YouTube videos before and I used to always cringe watching them. I don't know why haha!
But it was a lot different compared to filming just by yourself.
It was only Alex and her assistant - Patrick - who came to film, and they were really nice and helpful. They understood I was shy and whenever I had messed up, I was like, "Oh shit, sorry! I'll do that again" and they'd be like, "Oh it's alright, just take your time and try it again" :)

Q: How long did you film for? And where did you film?
A: We filmed over the weekend, from 11-6ish on Saturday, and 8-2ish on the Sunday. 
On the Saturday we filmed at my house, and then drove to Huddersfield. And on the Sunday, we filmed at my house again briefly, and then we went to Capital FM studios 

Q: Why wasn't the Huddersfield filming included in the documentary?
A: I have no idea, I'm guessing it's because this documentary was 10 minutes, and they'd just wanted a few shots of me in it. It's a shame though as we had some really awesome footage and our conversations were so funny! 

Q: How did it feel to see yourself on tv?
A: I was pretty much shitting it to be honest, as I was nervous to see myself looking like a an idiot haha, but it turned out a lot better than I had expected! And the shots looked really good!
My ending part I had to say something really cheesy like, "You only get one life so you have to live it!" or something like that, and when my family watched it, they were like, "Eh!? That doesn't sound like you at all!" hahaha :P

I hope this has answered your questions, and if you have anymore questions, leave me a comment!

~ xoxo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aw this is such a great post! It sounds like you had a lovely time :)

    xo,
    Lela - www.LelaLONDON.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, it sounds like you had fun!

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig