Thursday, 22 November 2012

Giving Thanks

Here in the UK, we don't have Thanks Giving Day, or anything like that. But I was thinking earlier today, what the meaning was behind Thanks Giving. I know Americans celebrate it for historical reasons.. but.. I love the idea of having a day of being thankful for the things we have.

So on Thanks Giving, people would make a huge roast - like a Christmas dinner - well.. I'm only assuming all of this from things I've seen on TV  And you cook your large turkey, with the cranberry and something stuffing, and perhaps Apple pie and the end of the day? Haha :)

Anyway, on the topic of being thankful, I thought it would be nice to play my part on Thanks Giving Day, and give my gratitude for different things I'm thankful for.

1) I'm thankful for the main necessities:
- Food
- Shelter
- Clothing
- Water
- Study

In some countries, the main things that we all take for granted here, are hard to obtain there. Clean water, food everyday, new clothes, a warm bed to sleep in at the end of the day. 
And study.
Why am I thankful for studying?
Well, in some countries, women aren't allowed to go and study, and must stay home to have children etc. And I really am thankful for the fact that I was born in a country where education is compulsory for under 16s, and the fact that my parents want me to study so that I am able to get a really good job :)


2) I'm thankful to know (and have) so many amazing people in my life:






You've all had an impact on my life, and you've helped to shape who I am today :)

3) I'm thankful for having so many different experiences, good and bad:
During the past few years, I've gone through so many different ups and downs. I've made friends, I've lost friends, I lost myself, but I also found myself.
To be honest, I wouldn't re-do my past as I am happy with how things are now. I'm happy with how life is going, and I'm thankful that I have been able to experience these different things :)

4) I'm thankful for those that read my blog, and the opportunities that have come my way through this:
I don't think I'll ever stop being thankful for the things that have come my way through blogging haha, as so much has happened.
I have gained so many international readers, and people around uni come up to me to tell me they've read my blog and they love it! It's so sweet :) I appreciate you all for reading and liking my blog!
Through blogging, I have been able to meet different people, network within the entertainment industry, and I've been discovered.
All because I put myself out there!

I don't remember my first ever blog post, however I had never thought that I'd gain so much.. just by simply posting my thoughts and photos :)

5) I'm thankful for being alive:


What are you thankful for?

~ xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Nice blog I love quality of your pics. Happy thanks giving xx
    http://stylein2ition.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig