Thursday, 25 October 2012

Body Shop: Tea Tree Products

Dealing with acne can be stressful itself, and I've tried so many different products from mud masks to topical lotions.
I've tried Tea Tree Oil cream before, however it was such a thick cream that really made my skin worse - which made me stay away from Tea Tree altogether. However, The Body Shop have a range of Tea Tree products which are actually really really really awesome!

It all came in a package with a moisturiser, face wash and a toner. But I'm only going to blog about these three products.


Tea Tree Oil, a Tea Tree gel stick and a Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion


This may look like a small pot, but I've had mine for almost a year and it's still going strong! The concentration of this oil is pretty powerful, that it's recommended you dilute it in water (or you can mix it in with face masks). However I didn't know any of this, and applied it directly onto my acne areas.

It did help!
However, I found that it made my skin really really really dry (well, it's supposed to dry out your skin) but it didn't help properly in terms of clearing up my acne.


This is the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion - it's not so much a moisturiser though, so when you apply this, make sure it's on a freshly washed face and then apply a non-greasy moisturiser afterwards.



What I found with this product was that it helped to control the redness on my face, and over time, it helped to calm down my acne and also prevent any really bad breakouts!

It dries nicely on the skin, and leaves your face looking matte - so it's perfect for in the morning and also at night :)


Tea Tree Gel Stick (I'm not really sure what else to call this). But basically you just dab this formula onto a stubborn pimple and the next day, it will have reduced dramatically!! (I'm not being paid to say that hahaha)
This is one of my absolute favourite Tea Tree products, as this works so well!

I usually take the product off the wand, onto the back of my hand - rather than applying it directly to the face. I don't want any bacteria going on this product!


I hope you liked this short review! :)

YouTube | Facebook Twitter

~ xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig