Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation review

Hey guys :)

I've heard soooo many awesome reviews about the Healthy Mix Foundation (also after seeing Lisa Eldridge use it in one of her makeup tutorials!), and I was more interested in the gel foundation as I've always been wanting a foundation that isn't like a regular thick foundation but more of a sheer watery type (especially as I break out if I wear a lot of heavy makeup).

And along came this:

Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation :)


What really won me on this product was that it was a gel foundation. And gel foundations aren't as thick and heavy as regular foundations, and also that I can't wear oily makeup due to using PanOxyl cream for my acne.
Also, this foundation contains a ton of healthy ingredients!


Vitamin-rich fruits:
Lychee
Goji Berries
Pomegranate

I know the original Healthy mix foundation has different ingredients like apricot and ginger.
Nonetheless, this foundation still has great ingredients and it smells really fruity :)


I got shade no.55. I've noticed that this foundation is a tad bit light for me, but I know it will really suit me well in the winter. I've had to apply a bit of bronzer just to even it out, and it's fine :)

I really like how its a pump bottle, as you're able to get out as much product as you want.
However, I've noticed that you won't be able to know exactly how much foundation is left in the bottle. As some foundations have that little disc thingy inside that gradually comes to the top after using the product a lot.

So as you know, I have acne scarring.. which isn't as bad as it was when I did my Acne Story blog post a few weeks ago. The PanOxyl I've used has really helped to shed some of the skin and made my scarring much less visible. I'm still using it and I'm going to see how long it takes to actually clear up everything!


I only used a small amount... this was enough to cover my entire face. I did have to apply a little bit more to under my eyes, and around my scarring, just to cover them up a little bit.

You can still see the marks, but they aren't AS visible. I could always apply a little bit of concealer on those areas.
I'm quite surprised with this foundation though, as it is a gel based product, I thought it wouldn't do so well in terms of providing a good coverage. 
This really helps to cover, but also it doesn't look cakey which I LOVE! You can achieve an almost flawless face with just one pump, and your face doesn't look like you're wearing an aboluste ton of makeup, and the actualy texture of the foundation is really creamy and silky. Meaning it will blend into the skin really well!


With a bit more coverage. 

It gives quite a natural finish :)


Withe rest of my makeup on :)




 You can still see some of the scarring but it's no problem. 
Overall I really love that this foundation is available in Superdrugs and Boots, making it much more accessible to buy! The overall coverage is really awesome, and check out my undereyes! I didn't even use any concealer!! Just two layers of this foundation was enough to do the trick of diminishing my dark circles :)

I'm wearing:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation - Shade 55
HD Brow kit
Maybelline Gel Eyeliner
Clarins Mascara
The Body Shop 2-in-1 base powder
Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder (as bronzer)
The Body Shop Blusher
Soap & Glory lipstick - Red My Lips
Natural Collection Lipsloss - Lychee Twist


Have you tried this foundation? What do you think of it?
~ xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I use the bourjois healthy mix foundation (the basic version) and I have used this gel version and I must say that the basic version works better for me (I also have acne prone skin, and I'm using retinoids as a acne treatment so I need the foundation not only to give ma a good coverage but also to moisturize my skin). Of course, the gel verion is also very good, but the basic version stays longer on my skin;)

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig