Thursday, 23 August 2012

PanOxyl Aqua Gel 10% review ~

If you're not familiar with PanOyl Aqua Gel (or Acne Gel) it is a topical cream which contains Benzoyl Peroxide to help treat the bacteria on the skin that causes acne.

Basically, the bacteria cannot survive around oxygen, which is what this product is (the -oxide haha) and it helps skin shed quicker so your skin will get dry.. but new skin will be coming through.



Around 10 years ago, my brother used this because he had really bad acne, and like his skin now is as clear as a babies. And my mum has always been telling me to use PanOxyl, yet I never really wanted to use it. I don't know why.
Because after reading about it, it seems pretty legit. (Haha omg did I just say legit).

So I wanted to try it because I really am fed up with my skin and I just want it clear already. And I went to Tescos (food shopping obv) and went to the Pharmacy bit and asked them for the cream. And the guy gave me the 10% one, maybe because he saw how bad my skin was... But anyway like you can get different percentages, 2.5% being for the not so bad acne and then 5% for medium and then 10% for more serious acne.

I went home and tried it straight away!

When I first applied the cream, it felt light and cool and there was so itching or tingling sensations. It was only until 10 minutes later when my mum noticed my face looked a little red but this redness faded after another 10 minutes or so. After two or three uses, I felt my skin feeling tight and dry so I just applied some of my Organ Oil moisturiser from Hollan & Barrett and it was fine.

What I found with this product is that it does dry your skin up SO much! And it can feel really itchy and burning, but those are just the first few side effects of it and these claim to disappear after multiple uses of the product.
My skin was really dry and rough in some areas, and peeling (because this cream helps to increase the time which skin sheds and helps new skin) but after the skin has peeled, it feels SO SOFT omg.

A few days into using this cream, I had noticed that despite my skin drying up, my scarring still remained. Which is kinda annoying and I really want something to remove the scarring. Nonetheless, this product does work well for existing acne. 

On the upside, I've noticed that I applied makeup on top of this cream (despite it looking a little dry), my face looked pretty clear despite only wearing a tinted moisturiser.

I will post more updates on this each week and show you my progress!! :)

~ xoxo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. These articles and blogs are truly enough for me for a day. remove acne scars

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig