Hey everyone :)
After the 'My Acne Story' post, I have decided to review makeup products on how well they work with acne prone skin and their coverage for acne scarring.
I bought the L'Oreal True Match foundation a few months ago, while L'Oreal products were all 3 for 2 at Boots.
So this foundation comes in so many shades and they don't have no pinkish undertone, but yellow undertones (yay) :D And I love how this is a pump glass bottle, so you can pump out as much foundation as you like :)
This has to be the best foundation I've come across so far by L'Oreal - as it matches my skin tone, it REALLY is super blendable as it says on the bottle, and does a great job of covering my acne scars.
I can't remember what shade this is, but it goes well with my skin as my face is more lighter compared to the rest of my body (especially my cheekbone area).
So this is my skin before application..
As you can see I don't really have any active acne, just the scarring.
With a little bit of a bronzer on top.
What I like about this foundation so far:
- It doesn't cause any irritations or further breakouts
- It's easy to blend
- It doesn't dry out my skin or make my skin look really textured (other than bumps I already have)
- It keeps my skin looking supple and hydrated
- It's somewhat buildable.. It does a good job of covering my scarring... horwever..
What I don't like about this foundation:
- Despite it being somewhat buildable, there is the chance that if you apply a few layers of this product, it can look unnatural and cakey
- It doesn't last on the skin for long... I have a busy and long schedule meaning I wear makeup for over 6 to 8 hours a day. And I find that this foundation doesn't stay on for that long... It either just wears off or melts off.. And I'm not the type to carry a full foundation bottle with me.
Anyway, I hope you like this foundation review, I have a tons more products that will be getting reviewed soon!