Wednesday, 15 August 2012

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

Hey everyone :)

After the 'My Acne Story' post, I have decided to review makeup products on how well they work with acne prone skin and their coverage for acne scarring.

I bought the L'Oreal True Match foundation a few months ago, while L'Oreal products were all 3 for 2 at Boots. 



So this foundation comes in so many shades and they don't have no pinkish undertone, but yellow undertones (yay) :D And I love how this is a pump glass bottle, so you can pump out as much foundation as you like :) 

This has to be the best foundation I've come across so far by L'Oreal - as it matches my skin tone, it REALLY is super blendable as it says on the bottle, and does a great job of covering my acne scars.


I can't remember what shade this is, but it goes well with my skin as my face is more lighter compared to the rest of my body (especially my cheekbone area).


So this is my skin before application.. 
As you can see I don't really have any active acne, just the scarring. 


With a little bit of a bronzer on top.

What I like about this foundation so far:
- It doesn't cause any irritations or further breakouts
- It's easy to blend
- It doesn't dry out my skin or make my skin look really textured (other than bumps I already have)
- It keeps my skin looking supple and hydrated
- It's somewhat buildable.. It does a good job of covering my scarring... horwever..

What I don't like about this foundation:
- Despite it being somewhat buildable, there is the chance that if you apply a few layers of this product, it can look unnatural and cakey
- It doesn't last on the skin for long... I have a busy and long schedule meaning I wear makeup for over 6 to 8 hours a day. And I find that this foundation doesn't stay on for that long... It either just wears off or melts off.. And I'm not the type to carry a full foundation bottle with me.

Anyway, I hope you like this foundation review, I have a tons more products that will be getting reviewed soon!


~ xoxo

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Nice review. I am not crazy about L'Oreal products as they indeed 'melt' off quickly if you have oily skin. But I do love that this foundation is indeed a perfect colour match to my skin. I am part Asian and either a foundation is too light or too dark but the Golden Beige is just perfect.
    I agree that this foundation doesn't stay on long so as a solution I am using a very small empty Clinique eye cream jar and filled it half with the foundation so I can carry it in my bag and re-apply if needed throughout the day. That way I don't have to carry the bottle with me ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your blog. very informative. would like to know the shade .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to swear by True Match foundation. I think I must have used it for about 3 years! However for some reason suddenly it didn't suit me anymore. Maybe my skin changed? However I think 3 years still gets it a good thumbs up! ha. Great review hun x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig