Saturday, 16 June 2012

The Sexiest Chocolate Cake In A Mug Recipe ~

A couple of years ago, this recipe went VIRAL! It was all over Facebook and YouTube, and thing is, I never had the balls to make it because:
a) I was shit at baking
b) It would be a waste of ingredients if it turned out to taste really awful - as loads of people were complaining it tasted gross
c) I could never really be arsed either

Until recently.. I decided to try it.
Now don't get me wrong, this recipe has had it's trials and errors, so it tastes a lot better now than how I first ever made it.

You can check out other recipes for this, but this is MY version of it :)

What you'll need:

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons - self-raising flour
4 tablespoons - sugar
2 tablespoons - cocoa powder (or hot chocolate)
4 tablespoons - oil / butter (I prefer to use butter that you can use with baking, like Flora or Lurpak)
2 tablespoons - milk
1 egg
*optional*
1 teapoon -  Vanilla Flavouring
Chocolate chips

Method:
 First of all, put in the dry ingredients and mix them up quickly.

 Then, add the 'wet' ingredients. So the egg, butter (or oil), milk, vanilla flavouring...

 And mix it all up so it forms a smooth consistency

 Add in your chocolate pieces. I used 90% chocolate, just to give the cake a bitterwseet flavour :)

 Ta-dah! Now put it in the microwave..


 Fail. I was supposed to capture it saying 2 minutes -_- haha.

So yeah, just put this cake mixture in  for 2 minutes on full microwave power and watch it rise!

P.S: For this cake, I put it in for 1:30 minutes, as sometimes I find it can become a little dry. But this is entirely up to you! Try it for 1:30 minutes or 2 minutes, and see which one you prefer :)

 So you can see it has risen... but it has also cooked! Successsss!! :D 


And here you have it, a chocolate cake in a mug that has taken you less than 10 minutes (at least) to prepare and cook!

This is a great cake for like if you want that quick chocolate fix, or if you're too lazy to go out and buy a cake.. or even lazy to bake an entire large cake.. haha! And great for guys that don't know how to cook ha ha ha! 

I'm joking on that last one.. :P

Enjoy!!
~ xoxo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I do these all the time at uni, they're brill! :)

    Lucy x
    slicesofstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig