Friday, 29 June 2012

Friday Favourite: HappyThankYouMorePlease

HappyThankYouMorePlease is a movie I had watched a few nights ago, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since.


I first heard...welll read, about it whilst searching about Josh Radnor (Ted Moseby from How I Met Your Mother) long story short, I was just intrigued about this movie as I found out that he wrote and directed it. So I had searched even more, found a trailer preview for it, and I was hooked.

Take a look!

I think what made me really want to watch this movie, is the girl in the cafĂ© who says:  
"With gratitude, the world is eternally abundant"

And lately, I have been learning so much about having gratitude for opportunities I've had, the people that are in my life, and where I am now in terms of education and my blog.
So the quote doesn't stop there, it goes like this:
"About a year ago, I was in this cab, and the cab driver - this Indian guy, started telling me...he started telling me all sorts of stuff. He was just looking at me in the rear view mirror and he said, Bliss. Bliss is your birthright. And I was like, Uh...45th and Madison? And he said, You have great potential in this lifetime. The key to your life is gratitude. You do not give enough thanks. And I said, Well, how do I do that? And he said, Simple! Say 'thank you.' And I said, Well, when? And he said, All the time! Like now. And he said that after I say 'thank you,' I should say, 'more please'"

And that has to be one of the best quotes I have ever come across in my life. Now wait, the awesome quotes don't stop there...

There's another:
"Let's be people who deserved to be loved! Who are worthy, cause we are worthy! We really are."

And, one of the most heartfelt moments in this movie, is when the girl - Annie who says all of this.. she goes on a date with this guy - Sam#2 - from her work, who she describes as "the guy who makes balloon animals at parties".. And she is slowly trying to be kind but stern and saying "Oh, you deserve someone better". Things like that.

But.. he insists she closes her eyes and just listens to what he has to say:
"It's not easy, being adored. You in particular, you have a tougher time than most, I get that. But I want you to give it a try. Think of it as an experiment. I promise, I will be very wonderful at adoring you, Annie. It's an area where I think I've got a great deal of talent! You're worth that adoration, Annie! You're worth it. And the fact that you don't believe it, has nothing to do with whether it's true or not. It is true for me, and that is all that matters."


And she opens her eyes, to see a guy that she no longer thought of in that way, but instead... just read this!:
"I'm listening to Sam #2, listening, cause he made me close my eyes! So hot! And he's making a total case for me and him to be an item. And as he's talking, it's like the molecules on his face must have rearranged themselves, cause when I open my eyes, suddenly I'm in front of the most beautiful, gorgeous man."

I'm not going to say anymore about the other characters in this movie as I'd end up giving the whole movie away haha! But there are some really amazing quotes in this movie, and seriously Josh Radnor is an amazing writer to have the ability to write up such a good movie.

Another reason why I LOVE this movie, is becuase it's not a mainstream Hollywood Blockbuster.. it's not full of super heroes or flashy camera effects or 3D. It's just a movie, with real life situations and it's relatable. The characters, much like real people, are hoping to grow up and be loved.


And I'm pretty sure everyone has gone/will be going through that at some point in their life?


Seriously, check it out!! :)

P.S: The Soundtrack is sick! ♥

Check out this song:

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig