Thursday, 31 May 2012

I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF RACISM

This isn't going to be a funny blog post, in fact, it's going to be the complete opposite as I'm literally bawling my eyes out right now. I've had enough.

What is it with this 'them' and 'us' mentality? Whether it's the city you were born in, the clothes brands you decide to wear, or your religion. Yeah, it's natural for us to think, "Oh, that person is a little different". But it's unnatural to fucking judge someone completely without KNOWING them.

You know, we belong to this race called 'the human race'. And that's what I believe in. We're all equal in this world, and no one should be judged upon until they do something bad. People dislike Dr Conrad Murray, not because he is of African descent, but because he killed Michael Jackson. So, why is it that people have to racially discriminate towards others? Is it some sort of personal resentment to that person? Or a resentment to their culture? Or is it what they've been told to do.

If you don't understand what I'm talking about yet, I'm on about racism. I absolutely hate it. Why is it that if something happened centuries ago, you must hate every single person within the opposing religion?

Did you PERSONALLY know the person that caused the big event? Did that person do something to YOU? If so, you can hate that person, but don't have a huge grudge against everyone in that religion. But if you don't know that person, then what is your fucking problem?

At school, you're taught to work with others, and get along with everyone no matter their background. So there is no "Oh, she is Jewish, I can't talk to her" or "I can't share my cookies with that guy because he's from Jamaica". That's just ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

If you actually had a genuine problem with someone, it would sound like "Oh that guy said something really mean to me, I'm going to punch him" or something like that. Because it's much more understandable.

I absolutely DESPISE racism. I believe that everyone is different, and that people in one religion can't be to blame for one person's actions. Do you think after a century, Jewish people have a huge grudge against Germans? Maybe some do, but most just get on with their lives. It happened ages ago, and they can't be blamed for something they didn't do.

I've also had enough with caste systems. Do you know what that is? It's a ranking within a religion... In Sikhism, Hinduism and Islam... although I'm not sure if it's a 'ranking' in Islam.

But anyway, in Sikhism and Hinduism, there's a ranking, and people claim that it's about working and what jobs people had back so many years ago. When really it was about how light your skin was. That the fairest of people were the highest, and they landed the better paid jobs. As sad as it may sound, it's true.

Yet, even though these caste systems were put into practice so many years ago, they still exist now. But, people can only get married to those in the same caste. Which is pretty gross... as one day your children will be marrying someone they're related to.

Back to my point, these caste systems are a ranking, and those at the top, will have something against those that are at the bottom. They'll be like "Oh you can tell they're _(insert caste name here)_ because they look like that" or something like that.

Isn't that just stupid?!


Discrimination within a religion? At the end of the day, these people are from the same religion, so what is all of this hate about!? I don't understand it.

To be honest, I personally believe that religion causes more problems than solving anything. It just creates social barriers and twisted mentalities that are of no help in this world. Is religion more important than your own happiness? If something is making you incredibly happy, but you have to STOP it because it's not "right" in your religion. Now what? Be miserable for the rest of your life because of something you personally can't control?


I've had enough.

~ xoxo
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. SO TRUE. What actually pisses me off the most is when people go around acting as though they are such good people, yet think it is okay to drop a racist comment? What has given people a mentality to judge someone on an aspect they cannot change, and are born into? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I know right!! I hate it even more when people that are 'so good' are doing really bad things (e.g getting absolutely wrecked, weed and sleeping around)
      I don't know why people are like this, it's horrible! :/ xx

      Delete
  2. As I am quiet new in Jewish, looking around for some Jewish information> Got something important here. Nice to get it.
    This piece http://goo.gl/DT6FN of video helped me forgive and let go of my frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ravinder Kaur,

    I just wanted to clear up certain misconceptions about Sikhi. I also absolutely DESPISE racism and caste system. This caste system was and never will be in Sikhi. What it is part of is the Punjabi culture, which is quite messed up.
    The 10th master Guru Gobind Singh Ji's writings he says 'maans ke jaat ekhe pachaneo'. This means 'recognise the whole human race as one.' This shows that even in the times of the Gurus it was never part of Sikhi. All the 10 Gurus fought against racism, caste system and to destroy social barriers so people can live a free and happy life. Their vision was to make a Unitarian society, where anyone can become anything they wanted regardless of their; gender, caste, colour, creed or what religion they belong to.
    So, I applaud you for rejecting racism as every human being should.
    I apologise if I have offended you, it wasn't my intentions but to only explain one principle of Sikhi.

    Kind Regards,
    A humble servant of the Guru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great and I appreciate your insight for my blog post :)

      Delete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig