Tuesday, 8 May 2012

iOS 5.1.1 can kiss my ass.

Last night, I got a notification on my iPod Touch 4, that the iOS 5.1.1 update is available to be installed. And I've hardly used my iPod Touch lately, because of several reasons:

a) My Sony Ericsson XPERIA Mini Pro has been taking up most of my time, I've been using that mostly to talk to people, whether I'm using Whatsapp or YouTube. I have unlimited internet access, so why not?

b) I've been revising a lot, so I've hardly used it as I'm constantly using a laptop now for my work and music purposes.

c) Because I've had so many problems with my iPod since updating it to iOS 5. Like seriously. I've had to restore my iPod hundreds of times as it's just been constantly dodgy.
- After having it on charge all night, the battery would be have full and then would last a matter of minutes.
- It would crash, and turn off completely. And wouldn't restart no matter how many times I would press the home and power off button together.
- It crashes during a restore process! The amount of times I would have to keep checking that it would restore, and unplugging my iPod so that it was actually ON. Is unbelievable.
- It turns off completely, at the wrong time!! Especially during my long train journeys to and from University, and then I spend the rest of my journey listening to people talk about random shit. Oh man.

That's why I don't use my iPod much, and that's why I'm so reluctant to update my iPod. This new update claims that it "contains improvements and bug fixes" but so did iOS 5.1 and I really really cannot be arsed going through all of the hassle if it's not going to actually fix my iPod.

Ffs.

Is it actually a worthwhile update? Let me know, comment yeah?

~ xoxo
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I just updated mine and didn't see any huge changes tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Hmm, I'm still deciding on whether or not to update it, incase it affects my iPod even more :(

      Delete
    2. Yup! If your ipod keeps getting problem, I guess it's better to not update. This iOS 5.1.1 is more likely to solve the security problems only.

      Delete

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig