Thursday, 31 May 2012

Getting Married?

My Thoughts On Marriage

There's a few things I'm going to address in this post that you may or may not like; and if you have an opposing opinion to mine, cool, we'll talk about it. After all, everyone is entitled to an opinion, right?

So first of all, what is a marriage? Well I'll tell you what it isn't:
A marriage isn't a big wedding dress.
A marriage isn't a fancy £2,000 diamond ring.
A marriage isn't spending all of your savings on food, decorations, music etc.
It's none of that.

A marriage IS a commitment between two people who love each other, and want to be with each other til death. It's pretty much just that.

It really irks me when some girls talk about planning their wedding, and they go in depth about what table decorations they want, and what dress code they're having. Like.. What is that anyway? Sure, it's nice for things to look fancy, but there is no relevant meaning behind it.

Because, when you're marrying that one person that you truly want to be with, you wouldn't mind a £150 wedding ring, or a small wedding. Or whatever.

As long as you're getting married to that one person, and you're happy, that's all that really matters.
Why are people in a rush to get married? Seriously? Like, what is so important about getting married when you're 20, or 22?

Seriously.. I'm going to be 20 next month and I still need my mum to iron my clothes, there's NO WAY that I'm going to be getting hitched anytime soon!

And theoretically, you're going to be with that person for the rest of your life, so what's the hurry?

Why not get married in your 30s when you have a career and moneys and stuff. Why not 40? Have a long boyfriend/girlfriend relationship first, or a 5 year engagement. Now that's pretty cute!

I know that I wanna get married someday, but I don't think anytime soon. To be honest, I'd love to get married when I'm 34 or something. That'd be pretty sweet! And then I'd have a small wedding with a band playing, and then we would all go to Nando's afterwards. Sick!

In fact, I dont care what we do, as long as I get married to the person I truly want to be with. Coz that's all that really matters.

And, it doesn't really matter who you marry... Well obvioulsy it does matter. But as long as that person is the type to go that extra mile for you, will do anything for you, makes you happy and you feel the same way he does about you. It's not about the money, or what his parents do for a living, or what area he lives in. That's just crap. It should be someone you love, who makes you happy, then everyone else should be happy too.
 
What happened to finding someone you truly love? There's been so many times when celebrities have gotten married, to only divorce a year or two later. Why can't they find someone they actually see a long future with?
And I don't believe that outsiders of a family should have any say in a wedding. In fact, if a couple have been together for ages and they're happy and all like "hey, do you wanna get married?" shouldn't people just be happy for them? And let them live their own married life?

What do you guys think? Do you agree or disagree with what I've said. Leave a comment below :)
~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig