Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Secrets you don't know about..

The other night I was thinking about how I was as a kid... the things I did, the stuff I used to say, the clothes I would wear. And it's very different to how I am right now. And thing is, my University friends (not all, but many) perceive me differently to how I would like to be. So I decided to make this post to help you understand the kind of person I am, and maybe we will have some things in common? Maybe, maybe not?

Okay, lets go!

1) I was never a Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera or Beyonce fan, as I never paid attention to mainstream music. I grew up listening to Korn, Nirvana, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit.. and when I say 'growing up', I mean I was around 4 or 5 at this stage. My two older brothers were really into this sort of music, and whatever they listened to, I did.

So during high school, the bands I was obsessed with were: Green Day (although I'm not keen on their recent music. I would have to say Basket Case and Welcome to Paradise are my all time favourite songs of theirs) Blink 182, From First To Last, Sum 41, Alkaline Trio (I'm still in love with them to this day)... and many more.

2) When I was around 7 years old, I was obsessed with Dinosaurs. As embarrassing as that may be, Dinosaurs are awesome and I wish they were still around to this day.

3) My heart is on my right side. Yeah, everyones heart is on the left, but before I was born (I think) my heart turned, but not fully and so it's on my right. FYI, if it was to have turned fully, then I would've been born with a hole in my heart. So I think I'm lucky? Plus, if someone was to shoot me on my left, I can turn all ninja and survive.
OMG Ninja Assassin (if you haven't watched it, then watch it :P)

4) My favourite game of all time would have to be Unreal Tournament. HELL YEAH. Basically it's similar to Call of Duty, and you have to basically shoot people. Except it's a tad bit more gory-er and sadistic (I think). In the game, you can choose what type of match you want to play, like a Team Tag, Last Man Standing, Capture the Flag, Assault... all of which are cool. There are more that I've forgotten, but man that game is so awesome. And you get all these guns and you just basically have to shoot the other players... I remember that I would play for hours on end, but I wasn't like one of those people you see on TV that obsess over games haha :P
Another one of my favourite games was Red Alert (Command and Conquer I think) and that was cool.. I don't recall playing it for hours though... so unreal Tournament was much more preferred!

5) I like my alone time. By this, I mean that I'm not bothered if I sit alone at a cafe or having lunch. I will be happy to read the newspaper or just draw a picture. This doesn't mean that I don't like being around others, I love the company, but I also love my own company. And I think that is something that some people don't understand. I usually get to University early, and I spend my free time reading, or looking up interesting things on the Internet or finding new music. And people ask me, "Ravinder, you get to University so early and what do you do?" or it's the case of "Oh.. you're by yourself?" I like my own company, and that's just how I am. I think that is how people learn to be independent, and learn to do things for yourself.

6) For a couple of years I wanted snake bites so badly. Two lip piercings on both sides of the bottom lip. I still think it looks cool, but I don't really think it's my thing anymore. I've grown out of that phase haha.

7) I was meant to study Fine Art at university, hence my YouTube videos and my drawings on Facebook. However I never got accepted anywhere, and I had to take a gap year and re-apply. Yet, Journalism is just a part of my plan... I have a master plan of something I want to do ;D

8) I support gay marriages. In fact, it does infuriate me when people make a big fuss if someone is gay. Especially guys. Like, can't people understand that if a guy is gay, (much like ANYONE else) he will have a preference of the guy he likes and therefore doesn't go after every guy they see. In high school, I was really close friends with two gay guys, and thing is, they had completely different preferences in guys. And some people forget about this, and have some sort of ridiculous problem against them.

Anyway, that is it for now... until I can think of more which I will put into another blog post. Was this interesting.. and has this changed your perception of me? :P
I hope this has, and that you will get a better understanding of the kind of person I am :)

~ xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Ravi Osahn | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig